“Salt Lake City layover”

Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Salt Lake City layover”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I booked the Doubletree on Priceline and was happy with the result. The price paid was quite reasonable and the hotel was very nice. The shuttle service from the airport required a call for pick-up which I wasn't aware of until I had waited in the cold night air for awhile but once the shuttle arrived it was quick and the driver was pleasant. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was otherwise empty due to the late hour but the food was good and the service was very attentive. My only gripe is that the hotel is VERY spread out and it was quite a hike from the lobby to my room in the far-flung nether region. The layout of the building is long and narrow and there are actually two hotel buildings each with their own elevator. The farther "high rise" building can only be accessed via the ground floor of the closer-in short rise building. It seemed like a 10 minute walk from my room to the lobby!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear chrisnoc,

I appreciate you taking the time to to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, we do have a unique layout but since that is something we cannot change we tend to embrace it as part of our unique charm.

I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and I know that the team are thrilled whenever a guest shares their positive experience.

Thanks again and all the best for 2014,

James Courtney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel hostess was so stoic, so robotic. That makes or breaks anyone's stay. Although the room itself was nice & clean. The eateries are a drive away but still satisfied w/ my rest. I had flown in from out state & expected a cheery individual to check us in but the hostess was so not cheerful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Connie S,

'Stoic' is certainly not how we would like to describe our hospitality so that is definitely something we will work on. Thank you for sharing your experience; here at the Doubletree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport we pride ourselves on friendly and caring service. I apoligize that we did not hit that note on your recent visit.

Thank you for sharing your experience and helping us improve.

Best wishes for 2014,

Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great value for the money. The staff was pleasant, the room was spacious, with a safe. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. The lighting was good. The hotel is close to the airport and the highway, and is only about 7 miles from downtown Salt Lake City.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear AnneandJoetrips,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport hotel and thanks for noting our really convenient location.

We like to think that we offer all the the best of a DoubleTree combined with a great location and easy access to everything Salt Lake and of course just a short run to the ski resorts.

The team are thrilled that you had a great stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.

All the best for 2014.

Spanish Fork, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Hotel was a great place to stay! Fast check in, no problems and friendly staff. I was put in a very nice room convenient to parking and to elevators. Of course was offered a cookie! Highlight of my night!

Dear, Stephen W,

The cookies are great, glad you enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we are glad you had a great experience.
We are just putting the finishing touches on our renovation and getting used to being the newest DoubleTree in the Salt Lake area.

Best wishes for a great 2014,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights and lead seminars in the hotel conference rooms for 2 full days, We found all staff friendly, excited about the remodeled lobby and restaurant-bar. Our room was large and comfortable though a bit dated. This hotel offers great value for the price. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not on the side of the indoor pool so noise and dampness less.
Dear blooming 46,

I hope you have been staying warm in Wisconsin, although it gets chilly here our heart goes out to all those in the Mid-West.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and of course choosing us as your conference location. We at the DoubleTree at the airport just love taking great care of our guests and sharing positive guest experience with the team.

Thank you for your business and best wishes for a successful 2014.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I didn't get much sleep due to the heavy footsteps pacing back and forth from the room right above mine (Rm 150). The noise went on until 230am. I have to get up at 330am to be at the airport by 5am. The service,cleanliness of the room and location are all excellent. The food I ordered from your restaurant is great and even the room service is excellent.

Dear Jo Ann A,

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our great food here at the DoubleTree, your comments were very well received you our Chef and kitchen team.
I am sorry to hear that the guest above was pacing into the wee hours of the morning, I hope whatever was causing their stress wasn't too serious.

We take great pride in our housekeeping team and I am sorry that your short stay and pacing neighbor prevented you from fully enjoying the experience.

Thank you for being so positive and I wish you nothing but the best for 2014.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have been with my 18 year old daughter at this hotel. I chose the hotel for proximity to the airport. And did not regret. We arrived late and were treated excellently well, and checked in quickly and uncomplicated imaginable. This is wonderful when you are extremely tired. We were given a non smoking room with 2 Full Size Beds. Great, great, spacious and very clean room. LCD TV with multiple cable channels. WI-FI in the great room. My frills several orders, which saved me a lot of time walking. Check out as fast as the check-in. I can only thank the attendants of the hotel and confirm the optimal choice. God willing, I am back!

Room Tip: Request one of the new rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear RogerioPeixoto,

I am really happy that you enjoyed your experience at our Airport Hotel. We at The DoubleTree are constantly working at improving our service and taking full advantage of our great location to both downtown and the airport. As a newly renovated hotel we love the response we have been receiving from new and returning guests alike.

Thank you and have a wonderful 2014.