“Lucky choice!”

Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having never been to Salt Lake City, we chose this hotel for our weekend three night stay in the area mainly because of its location and favorable reviews. We couldn't have done better. It's located a few steps from the City Creek shopping mall where we enjoyed excellent meals, shopping and WiFi. A short walk away is Temple Square with beautiful grounds. All of the staff made us feel very welcome, especially those at the front desk. When we checked in they immediately supplied information about the area and a list of restaurants, important as they are not all open on Sundays. The room itself was spacious with a beautiful view over the city and mountains. The bed, ah the bed - super comfortable! I could've slept all day. If our travels ever take us back to this lovely city, we won't hesitate book at the Marriott City Creek.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottCityCreek, Public Relations Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear FranB62,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Your satisfaction is very important to us and we're very pleased to hear about your great experience. We love our beds too!

Thanks again, Fran, for choosing Marriott at City Creek! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just checked in yesterday to this hotel and I have to say the service is excellent. Maryanne especially has been quite awesome. I'm attending with a huge convention and the people who work here who have crossed my path have been accommodating and kind. The new lobby has a great look to it and nice stations for working. The rooms could use a redo (not enough outlets) but on the whole a very worthwhile stay thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: If you're going as part of a big convention, ask to be on the lower floors so you aren't rel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Schiffenshu
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week. The beds feel like your floating on a cloud. Everything is new and it has modern furnishing. The check in desk has cookies, there is a starbucks on premise and the hotel is near to many other conviences like the mall and Salt Dome and rail line

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank brob81
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Overall, this is a good hotel. Until checking out, I never had a service issue. The rooms are clean (with water spots on ceiling in bathroom and a few other minor things). However, before checking out extremely early, I called to change the credit card they had on file. I had to go to the front desk. No thank you, nothing. Also, I asked for the room charges to be printed for me. Nope. They told me the man was coming around. Two hours later when I checked out I still hadn't received my charges under the door so I had to check out early and head back to the front desk.

Excellent location!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pennstatekelly
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for a business meeting and had excellent rooms for sleeping and also for meetings. Catering was excellent with nice attention to details including special dietary requests. The hotel is also very close to City Creek Shopping Center so there is plenty to do within walking distance. Also there is good access to the TRAX light rail service. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian A
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the older of the two downtown Marriotts but still a nice place. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff is very friendly. The main restaurant is good and the hotel is within 2 blocks of almost all the major attractions of down-town Salt Lake.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick_Sue1969
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just returned from a long weekend at this Marriott. The location was great. We attended a convention across the street. The staff at the front desk was helpful. We had a large suite on the 15th floor. Room was old and in need of repair. The ceiling in the bathroom was peeling and cracked and actually leaked water onto our bathroom floor. I called the front desk, but as far as I could tell it was never repaired. The complimentary 16th floor breakfast, and snack feature was very nice, but not open on the weekends! We got 1 breakfast!
Probably would go here again just because of the location, but it's way overpriced.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business