“Great Location”

Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Kitchener
“Great Location”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel and great location. A block away from Temple Square, City Creek Shopping and across the street from the convention centre. Also lots of great restaurants to chose from, all close to the hotel. Swimming pool is nice when they open the sliding roof.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MarriottCityCreek, Public Relations Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to utilize our pool. My staff and I look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Thanks again, Sharon, for choosing Marriott City Creek!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Denver, CO
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Location, Location, Location! 3 blocks from the Union Station mall and theater. 2 block to the Energy center where the Jazz play. On site to the river walk shops and mall. Across the street from the Convention center. 1 block from Temple Square. 1 block (in 2 directions) from the trolley/light rail line. Easy access to the highway. So the location is awesome.
The rooms are okay. I wonder why there is such a dearth of drawer space. If you are here for 3-4 days you might be fine but we were here for 11 days. I knew this ahead of time as this is my 2nd stay, and brought hangars for the closet (which did have 10 on it's own). LOVE the pillows and the memory foam bed, but this may not work for everyone. bathroom is a bit dated but it was clean. The A/C in the room worked perfectly, but the phone was a bit confusing trying to find room service, vs. wakeup call, vs. outside line. The Marriott now has a single button for all of it and they transfer you.
Staff was amazing. The fitness center was acceptable and the pool is nice. They have a retractable roof to open it up when it is nice, close it up when it is raining.
Would stay here again based on location alone.
SIDENOTE - Tried to use the Hertz rental car service in the hotel. Big mistake. When they opened (we needed a car that morning) the man talked to me about what kind of car, how long, etc. then said "Well I don't have any cars here" - I would think that might be something you would do at the START of the conversation. Then I got an excuse of the airport is short cars. I walked two blocks to an Avis office in a hotel (Hilton) and got a car no problem. Not a reflection on the hotel, but something to think about.

Room Tip: North viewing rooms above 12 can see to the great salt lake and down into the mall next door. South...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MarriottCityCreek, Public Relations Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Tcoolhand,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek. I'm glad that you had a good experience and my staff and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having never been to Salt Lake City, we chose this hotel for our weekend three night stay in the area mainly because of its location and favorable reviews. We couldn't have done better. It's located a few steps from the City Creek shopping mall where we enjoyed excellent meals, shopping and WiFi. A short walk away is Temple Square with beautiful grounds. All of the staff made us feel very welcome, especially those at the front desk. When we checked in they immediately supplied information about the area and a list of restaurants, important as they are not all open on Sundays. The room itself was spacious with a beautiful view over the city and mountains. The bed, ah the bed - super comfortable! I could've slept all day. If our travels ever take us back to this lovely city, we won't hesitate book at the Marriott City Creek.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottCityCreek, Public Relations Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear FranB62,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Your satisfaction is very important to us and we're very pleased to hear about your great experience. We love our beds too!

Thanks again, Fran, for choosing Marriott at City Creek! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just checked in yesterday to this hotel and I have to say the service is excellent. Maryanne especially has been quite awesome. I'm attending with a huge convention and the people who work here who have crossed my path have been accommodating and kind. The new lobby has a great look to it and nice stations for working. The rooms could use a redo (not enough outlets) but on the whole a very worthwhile stay thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: If you're going as part of a big convention, ask to be on the lower floors so you aren't rel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Schiffenshu
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week. The beds feel like your floating on a cloud. Everything is new and it has modern furnishing. The check in desk has cookies, there is a starbucks on premise and the hotel is near to many other conviences like the mall and Salt Dome and rail line

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank brob81
pennstatekelly
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Overall, this is a good hotel. Until checking out, I never had a service issue. The rooms are clean (with water spots on ceiling in bathroom and a few other minor things). However, before checking out extremely early, I called to change the credit card they had on file. I had to go to the front desk. No thank you, nothing. Also, I asked for the room charges to be printed for me. Nope. They told me the man was coming around. Two hours later when I checked out I still hadn't received my charges under the door so I had to check out early and head back to the front desk.

Excellent location!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pennstatekelly
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for a business meeting and had excellent rooms for sleeping and also for meetings. Catering was excellent with nice attention to details including special dietary requests. The hotel is also very close to City Creek Shopping Center so there is plenty to do within walking distance. Also there is good access to the TRAX light rail service. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business