We stayed here in Mid June of this year. It was a leisure long weekend for my wife and I. We were given a nice up grade to a top floor as frequent guests of Marriott's around the country and world. This was our first stay at this particular property. We were impressed with the brick and mortar of the property. It is located very close to great shopping and restaurants. You enter to a beautiful lobby and friendly staff at the front desk. As mentioned we were slotted to a top floor room next to apparently a large suite. The room was nicely appointed. Fresh carpets and fresh paint and furniture. Unfortunately for us on our Saturday night at near midnight a party broke out in the suite next door and the noise was great enough that security had to make an appearance and ask them to keep it down. But there was no sleeping probably anywhere at this end of the floor. When we complained we were asked to move in the middle of the night rather than management ending the party next door. We were given a new room on another floor but by then my wife found it hard to sleep the rest of the night due to the chaos of the evening. Due to the lack of sleep from that night we asked to be comped for the one night out of the 3 nights we stayed during our trip in SLC. The Manager of the hotel would have no part of this and gave us a few Marriott points instead. He was also condescending to my wife as well. Just poor attitude and disrespect. We have stayed in enough places in the world to know that occasionally we get noisy neighbors. But generally management is good to make things right. We loved out time in SLC and both agreed that this Marriott was a beautiful property with great location. BUT we also agreed we would never stay here again due to attitude of upper hotel management. I very seldom stay at properties that I have felt the need to write negative reviews. I waited a few weeks before writing this one so that I would be less emotional about our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Features an excellent fitness center and pool, located adjacent to City Creek Mall and across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Marriott
- Salt Lake Marriott Downtown At City Creek Salt Lake City, North America