“Absolutely the worst ever”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is old, run down and has paper thin walls. Thank goodness the people next door sound nice and laugh a lot. But the worst problem is the deceptive promotions by Choice Hotels International Inc. We were promised a third night free if we stayed in one of their chains two nights, but the rules keep changing and now on night four we still don't qualify! I thought we would be entitled to two free nights by this point. I would not recommend this hotel in particular because it is probably the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in, plus the company does not live up to its promises.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bunty_h

Reviewed 13 November 2012

The hotel has a decent location. Conference center is within walking distance - 15min. Lots of food options nearby. Utah's only sex toy store is even just across the street. What up, Dr John's!!!

The room I stayed in looked like it had been updated not long ago, but by an amateur. The room smelled musty, the bathroom door knob was broken. The faucet was really loose.

Even though "Free Internet" was advertised bigger than life on the hotel sign, it only worked reliably next to front desk and in the stairwell. Basically, it was broken. Called to complain and was told too many people were using it.

Didn't bother to report other room problems cause desk person didn't seem to care. Besides, you'd think the cleaning staff would have noticed.

Anyway, I got what I paid for. If you're here for a conference don't bother staying here. Especially if you need Internet.

If you just need a place to crash for one night and money is an issue... well, at least you wouldn't be sleeping outside.

Cable TV was fine.

Not a place for kids.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank IT-tr
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were sorry we had to turn on the air conditioning/heating unit in our room. The cycling on and off was so noisy! I doubt any of the other units were any better, but our room's was awful. We got this room "thanks" to credit card points, but we went to a different motel for our next night in town. The breakfast looked rather plain and boring but we did not eat there. As other said, the hallway was smelly (overdone air fresheners?) with very dirty carpeting.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GwynneF_10
Reviewed 22 August 2012

With a location very close to Temple Square, this hotel was a reasonable price ($188.86 incl taxes for two nights) however the hallways and bathroom were not very clean and the overall milieu felt a bit sketchy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Reasonably priced, excellent location. Many $ have been spent in renovating this location-paint, carpeting, beds, bedding, and they're not done yet. I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend in 2011 and again in 2012. If I go to SLC again next year, I will gladly stay here again. Very happy overall.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 across the street, and was anything but impressed. So my next night in town decided to try out the Rodeway Inn. The price sounded good, and looked nice from the outside. Let me start of by telling you I have never wrote a review before, but felt like i had to after this experience. I WARN YOU, DO NOT STAY HERE.The room was extremely stuffy with a bad a.c. My arm began itching later in the night. And the next day it was clear i had bed bugs. My wife and i also had an incounter with an unkown black bug crawling on our bed! When we complained they said they were booked and could do anything. Will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Cody801
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This is the absolute worst motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. The walls are paper thin. It smells like cigarette smoke. Our faucet was broken and the desk was being run by a 16 year old kid. There was not one ounce of customer service- we basically had to ask the person at the counter to help us even though we were right in front of their face. On top of that we woke up late at night to the sounds of some other "business" taking place right next to our room. So sleazy! We will never ever be back and warn others to stay away from this place. It is downright horrible!

Room Tip: Get ANY other hotel in the whole city