“One of the last, best, most epic adventures left out there!”

Captain Drake's Family Aerial Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Drake's flight lodge is a beautiful place to stay whether you are staying a night or for several weeks while engaged in your flight training. We are an adventure vacation destination flight school providing instruction for sport pilots and ultralight airmen. We also offer rooms for $60/ night to non-flying folks who just want to stay in a unique and special spot. We're not exactly a hotel and we're not quite a bed and breakfast (you wouldn't want me to cook for you) but we do have a great kitchen and you are welcome to use it!
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I've been up with Wolf several times now, and am about to be in the process of learning to pilot light sport aircraft myself. It's serious fun for anyone who wants to leave the drudgery of the city behind. There is no substitute for the moment when you get off the ground and within seconds the entire land opens up before you like the words of a story on the pages of a good book. It's a fantastic, magical feeling, and if you haven't yet experienced the incredible views of the Northwest for yourself, believe me you don't know what you're missing!
Wolf is an excellent pilot and an even better teacher. He has the years, the experience, and the patience to make the learning fun and exciting. Plus, he's the only instructor of his kind... when you meet him, you will know what I mean!
Best of luck to future fliers, and gogogo Cap'n Drake :D

11  Thank Ted P
WolfEmondsCFI, Owner at Captain Drake's Family Aerial Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for your enthusiasm, it's always nice when others share my excitement for the flying experience. We look forward to you and your friends joining us again for another lesson soon.
Wolf Emonds CFI

There are newer reviews for Captain Drake's Family Aerial Adventures

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I don't necessarily like to fly but the flight was smooth and the scenery was fantastic. Take off and landing were perfect and there was nothing scary about anything. Everyone was supper friendly and professional and I can't wait to do it again!

9  Thank D B

Thank you for your review. It's always hard for me to imagine that there are people who don't absolutely love to fly. The fact that you enjoyed your flight and were able to relax enough to take in and appreciate the beautiful scenery is an excellent sign. We hope to see you again soon. Wolf Emonds CFI