“Just right!”

Description: Coffe shop
Solomons, Maryland, United States
“Just right!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

So surprising that Starbucks hasn't established a footprint somewhere in the sprawling 300 acres of ever popular National Harbor, but coffee aficionados need not go without because Mayorga offers similar fare and does it well.

1 Thank Hey_Joe54

New York City, New York
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Mayorga Cafe Cubano is a favorite of my wife's. I usually drink decaf, but the cappuccino is a treat. The pain au chocolat is very good also.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank castoro42
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Non-fat Latte”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I've had three non-fat lattes from Mayorga, and they've all been very good. This is the best option for good coffee I've found in National Harbor.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank C-Sea-Traveller
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Only Coffee Shop I Could Find at National Harbor--So I'm Glad it Was Good”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stopped by here twice during my recent week long stay at National Harbor. The coffee was good--I enjoy a strong cuppa joe and this didn't disappoint! Their coffees are Cuban and strong. I had a café con leche on one trip and a regular cup of coffee on another. Both were good. The first night we arrived I was tired and looking for some coffee to perk me up--unfortunately they close at 7:00 p.m. so I was disappointed and had to do without my pick me up. The early closing time would be the only complaint I have about this establishment. The second morning I stopped by here I also picked up an apple fritter--it was delicious. If you are looking for a nice, strong cup of coffee and a pastry this is the spot for you.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Libby W
NC
“A good coffee menu, but very uneven quality”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is really the only halfway good coffee bar option in the National Harbor area that I have been able to find. It's a pleasant place to sit for a while, and I wish the coffee were better. Their various Cuban-style coffee options sound good, but are often too milky or too sweet--depending more on added ingredients, in other words, rather than on the quality of the brew itself. As far as pastries/sandwiches go, don't bother. They do sell some fresh fruit that's perfectly fine.

• Visited June 2013