“very good value, amazing staff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Reviewed 14 April 2014

let me start off by stating that I have travelled to over 40 countries and stayed at so many hotels over 4 decades that i have lost count. we stayed at comfort inn oxon hill recently from the 10th to the 13th - 3 nights. we were actually booked at the marriott at national harbour to attend a wedding, but due to some last minute emergency had to cancel but when things sorted out, we decided again to attend. the rates at national harbour had shot up so drastically that we had to look elsewhere.
being a privilege card holder of choice hotels, i checked out the nearest comfort inn online which was at oxon hill. i was a bit sceptical after reading the reviews, but i know that most comfort inns generally conform to some uniformity.
on entry at the reception, it does look a bit worn and could do with quite a bit of sprucing up. but the hotel is very clean, efficient and the rooms and beds are comfortable. the breakfast is better than most restaurants, esp. the awful ihop brand. but the most commendable aspect and their most valuable asset are their staff. they are all amazingly helpful, very friendly and eager to please. no request or query is too difficult for them to handle. i would definitely stay there again if i had to.
the only downside is supposedly their location which is viewed by critics as being a 'poor' neighbourhood and the fact that they are very busy with tour buses who bring in loads of tourists and school kids, but they are well behaved and added to the liveliness. commenting on their races and appearances would be definitely racist and prejudiced.
i would recommend that more people seek out and stay at this comfort inn. i give them 10 out of 10 for working so hard at keeping their guests satisfied!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
17  Thank cuudlybear69

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

A group of cheerleaders, parents and other children recently stayed there and hated it. One of the families actually went to the Gaylord because they were so scared. Within the first hour we were there 4 cars were broken into. Later that night there were prostitutes going in and out and shady men smoking pot. Our youngest child was 3 so we were worried that she would get hurt. People were spitting on the main floor and the floor under us had a LOUD party all night long and management was called many times to take care of the matter. We were lucky enough to have a floor to ourselves and made sure a parent was in the hall when all the kids were running around. The people at the front desk were very rude and made it seem like a problem to have us there. There were only 2 very helpful peolle there! James, our van driver to the Gaylord, and our night security. This is coming from a 16 year old. I wouldn't recomend this to anyone!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Aj M
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Came for a conference at the Gaylord Conventiin Center. Shuttle was free and in time....even made extra trips! When I checked in I was given a room by the elevator...asked to be moved and she politely moved me with no issue. Room is wonderful and bed was soooo comfy! Hotel it next to a Dollar General and some restaurants also (Taco Bell). Breakfast included waffles and eggs. Others said they did not feel safe in the area...I come from a very small town and felt very safe here. I would bring my family!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ateubert
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The king room was small, the hallways were dark, smelly and dirty. The front desk personnel rather be on their cell phones then help customers. The refrigerator in the room, made a constant buzzing sound, sure to keep anyone up threw the night. The bed was not comfortable, and the pillows were super small for it to be a king size bed. The elevators were worn down and smelled like marijuana. I do not recommend this hotel, please Comfort Inn, consider renovating, ASAP!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lifeof4
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was on a Akron AAA bus tour to Washington D.C. and we were booked in Oxon Hill. I, of course, checked Tripadvisor and found a number of negative reviews so I was a bit concerned. There was no need as the room was very clean and attractive. I usually take pictures but forgot this time. The beds were very comfortable and I liked the split toilet/shower and sink arrangement. Even though our room was right next to the third floor elevator and across from the ice machine it was very quiet. Noisy guests are the problem usually NOT the hotel. I think it unfair to review the other guests as I saw in other comments. Breakfast was not the greatest but I never expect great for free. The breakfast coffee was fine however that little depot in the room made terrible stuff.
The hotel staff was nice and the manager even allowed our group to use a wheelchair for the day for a guest who was having problems . Oh, and I don't want to forget. The fridge was enormous by hotel standards and we also had a microwave.

Room Tip: Room 311 was fine. Not noisy for us even though next to the elevator .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CSturgeo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My friends and I decided to stay here during a recent convention at the Gaylord. After we booked our room, I happened to read some disturbing reviews about the cleanliness and safety of this hotel. I was very concerned and almost cancelled my reservation. My friends urged me to keep it, and now I am very glad that I listened to them. Upon entering the hotel, I was surprised to see a modern lobby. The staff was nice and helpful. The room was clean. The shuttle was reliable, but the front desk was kind enough to call me a cab when the shuttle was not running. The free breakfast every morning was good too (coffee, juice, bagels, cereal, eggs and waffles were offered). The wifi was also free, which was appreciated. The area around the hotel seemed fine and I was never concerned about safety. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend this to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J L
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I highly recommend finding another hotel! This place was awful. My friend and I stayed here for the Oktoberfest at the national harbor. We liked the price and liked the sound of the shuttle service. I was told at check-in that one of the shuttle times was at 5:30 and we needed to be at the harbor at 6:00 so it was perfect. I called the front desk around 5:15 and asked where I needed to be to catch the shuttle. The lady told me to just come to the front desk. So a few minutes later we left & arrived at the front desk at about 5:25. I asked the lady where the shuttle was and she said it just left. Well I exchanged some words with trying to figure out why it left 5 minutes early, and than walked outside. I eventually walked back in for some more words but before I said anything she told me that a gentleman named Willy would take us once the shuttle for back. When the shuttle arrived we tried to board but was denied by the driver who also happened to be the hotel manger, Natu. We told Natu that his employee Willy agreed to take us but Natu didn't care and proceeded to yell at us in front of the hotel. He told us we were late and had to wait for the next shuttle in an hour. My friend looked at Natus watch and told him it was six minutes fast. Natu still didn't care and kept yelling at us. It was such a terrible experience. He eventually gave up and let Willy take us. Willy was a super friendly guy and it was very much our pleasure to meet and talk to someone like him. Willy was the highlight of our stay and I hope he can seek employment else where because he doesn't deserve working for someone like Natu. Natu should be removed from his position. Besides Willy, this place was awful and no one should have this kind of experience anywhere, especially when your a paying customer. Find another hotel! Choice hotels needs to terminate Natu!

• Stayed: September 2013
#1 of 4 in Oxon Hill
2 mi away
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!