“So Much Fun!!”

US$98.95*
and up
Houston City Sightseeing Tour with Round-Trip Transport to Kemah Boardwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the amazing underwater world of the Texas State Aquarium! Thousands of animals representing over 320 different species are ready to enchant, entertain, and inspire you. Corpus Christi's most popular cultural attraction has welcomed over 12 million visitors since its grand opening in July 1990. Conveniently located on North Beach, the Texas State Aquarium is just minutes from Corpus Christi's downtown district, convention center complex, and museums.The Texas State Aquarium Association is a not-for-profit, educational institution that does not receive any city, state, or federal funding for its operations. Every visit to the Texas State Aquarium is a new and exciting discovery of animals that remind us all of our responsibility to those whose world we share.The Aquarium's Second Chances Wildlife Rehabilitation Program is federally permitted and operates under rigorous standards established by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Each year, thousands of protected, endangered or threatened species along the Texas coast become ill or injured. Most are brought to our facility with problems caused directly or indirectly by humans. The goal of the Texas State Aquarium's Second Chances Program is to rehabilitate, and whenever possible, return the animals to their natural environment. The Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is a member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Aquarium's mission is to engage people with animals, inspire appreciation for our seas, and support wildlife conservation.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 24 June 2012

A friend and I took went down to Corpus for the day to take take a college student to TAMUCC and planned on spending the day on the beach while we were there. It ended up pouring with rain and we were stuck with what we thought was nothing to do. We ended up in the aquarium and had a blast. Two grown adults with no kiddos with us were running around acting like 4 year olds looking at all the different things. The outside is amazing.. lots of hands on sea life to look at, such as sharks, sting rays (all that you can touch). They have a great dolphin show also. The inside of the aquarium was pretty good, but the outside with all the hands on stuff was awesome! You must visit this attraction while in Corpus.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The animals are active, the shows entertaining and it hours of fun for the whole family. Very much worth the money

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The dolphin show is something you have to see when you visit. Also, petting the sting rays and sharks was scary but exciting. There is a lot to look at.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Great place to visit. Had a great day. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Just returned from Corpus Christi and the Texas State Aquarium. I had a 6 yr old and a 13 yr old with me and we all enjoyed it. Let me say that I really enjoyed the actual aquarium and the grounds as a whole. There is a water park for little ones (where the water comes out of the pavement and mounted water cannons) a food court and nice exhibits. I was a little disappointed with the dolphin show as well as the bird show. Both were interesting but I guess I was expecting Sea world. There was an underground viewing area for the dolphins that was very cool and dark. You could watch the dolphins while they were under water and my six yr old race back and forth trying to beat the dolphins from one end to the other. She kept saying "I almost won"! Over-all I had a very pleasant experience but there are some improvements needed to make it a "state" aquarium. I am eager to return so that is a good recommendation!