“Ruined my weekend beach get a way” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Corpus Christi

Residence Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Ruined my weekend beach get a way”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I made reservations requesting early checking, I know this was only a request. However, whin arrived at 11 the clerk told the room would be ready for 45 minutes. I was upset but patient. When I returned he said the room was not ready. I again asked why, he said the previous guest just checked out. Still patient I asked when would the room be ready. He said 45 minutes. You would think if he new I was waiting he would sent hos keeping to prepare the room for the guest that has waiting for a hour and a half....NOT...when returned he said housekeeping staff were cleaning other rooms. Bottom line I would have to another hour for the room.....POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE...

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Wallsl
CorpusChristiRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I apologize that you had a negative experience while staying with us. I can assure you that guest satisfaction is of the greatest importance to us at the Residence Inn Corpus Christi. We have taken steps with our front desk staff to make sure that issues like this don’t happen again. We value our guests’ feedback and hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will give the Residence Inn another try next time you stay in the Corpus Christi area.

John Lyon
Residence Inn Corpus Christi, TX
361-985-1113 X 409

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

- We wanted to visit the beach but stayed here because we needed enough space for two separate bathrooms and bedrooms and this was better than getting two connecting rooms.
- our room was so large and it did not disappoint us
- the breakfast is good and had plenty to choose from.
- I LOVE how the staff did not rush us out to leave the breakfast area. It was so nice to be allowed to linger and enjoy a long relaxing breakfast time. I have stayed at a different Marriott before where they rushed to get all of the food put away and cleaned out as soon as the possible, but this hotel did not do that. I noticed that as long as people were eating and enjoying their breakfast the staff stayed around to check on us. I can't recall his name right now, but it was a man the first day that helped us, and then the next day it was Danielle. They were both great.
- we had one issue with the room and the staff took care of it right away!
- the staff here all seem to enjoy their job and this was refreshing to see.
- great customer service overall

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Park Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

This is, by far, the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Mostly because of the amazing staff members they have. Our family is from Minnesota. My mother and father were in Texas as "Winter Texans". My mother got sick on the way down and was hospitalized. My four siblings and I took turns being with my parents during this time, and were looking for a hotel where we could all be together during this tough time. We found the Residence Inn, I believe by divine intervention, because after a long day at the hospital, they always were comforting to us. They gave us a great price on a two room suite. We were there for almost a month. They asked how she was doing, and got us fresh flowers and a card signed by all the staff members. Communication from the top down was amazing. They were all up-to-date and on the same page always. You could tell the staff respected the managers, and vice-versa. The breakfasts were varied and always hot and tasty. This hotel should be a model for how all hotels are run, everywhere!!! They will always be in our hearts. Thank you!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Merrimac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

My wife and I recently spent 8 nights at the Residence inn and had a great experience. All of the staff which included the manager, people at the desk, the dining area workers, and the maintenance staff were very friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and well maintained.

The facility is also centrally located for better access to attractions and restaurants. We would stay there again if we return to Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Upper floor and front.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bman676
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed to visit friends in Corpus over Thanksgiving weekend. The weekend desk help was outstanding. One of our children became ill on that trip. The manager offered to go to a pharmacy or go obtain whatever we needed, and checked on our welfare a number of times, very concerned and helpful.
The property is located on the main freeway in the center of Corpus, good accessibility to the area. About a block off the frontage road, so it is quiet, near the major chain restaurants, all the retail along the main road. Just a few minutes from beaches and attractions. The front desk people have discount coupons for the Lexington Aircraft Carrier and other places.
The hotel has a few years on it, but is well maintained. I would like to see the mattresses replaced although they are o.k. for now. It has the great floorplan and good staff you expect at Residence Inns, the full kitchen, flat screen TVs in the separate rooms. I could watch my football game while the rest of the family watched a movie and popped popcorn.The breakfast items were nicely cooked, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc., served in a homey well decorated breakfast room. Fireplace, newspapers, comforts of home.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank John_crudeoil
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Smoothered in kindness! If you value great customer service, stay here. The rooms were plush, clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast and dinner was better than many other hotels we stayed at. The only criticism I have is that the indoor hot tub was not very hot and the snack bar/store items were extremely overpriced. Otherwise I will definately stay at this hotel in the future!!

• Stayed October 2012
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed one night with two young kids and my husband as we just moved to Corpus Christi. The room was spacious and I liked the kitchen area. Pull out bed was great too. Breakfast was great! A lot of options and tasted really homemade.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family