“Highly recommend!!”

Residence Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We had a bad experience at another hotel and came to this one.(this one should have been first choice) This hotel staff was courteous and very helpful. Room was awesome, clean, was like being at home with all the amenities. Will definitely stay here again when we return to Corpus Christi. Can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Sammye340
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Corpus Christi

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I've stayed in RIs before, but never in my home town. We were here for a three week stay. The staff here, from the housekeepers, to the maintenance and groundskeepers, and the receptionists, were friendly and helpful to a fault. They never failed to say good morning, and the desk staff were constantly asking if everything was alright with the room. They weren't going out of the way to be helpful, because that's the way they are anyway! Particular recognition to Danielle, who is always smiling and cheerful. My one complaint...a small one...is that the timing for room clean up could be better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have been staying at Res Inn on business since April early May. I am home right now for a week before I return on Monday. As far as I am concerned the staff at Res Inn have become my family away from home. They always aim to please!!! I have not one complaint. Every staff member know myself and husband by name and did by the second day we were there. They stop what they are doing the moment you walk in to ask how your day at work (or with other guest, how their vacation is going). They really make it a point to make you feel like you are practically the only one there!!! Not a day goes by they do not ask if there is something they can do to make our stay better. I could not ask for a better place to be when having to be away from home (this last stay for two months). Everyone form front desk, management, kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance. I could list them each by name because they all hold a place in my heart that I don't think they even realize they really know They don't have the attitude that this is their job and this is how they have to do things. They treat guest like they would want to themselves or family members to be treated. It comes naturally and not forced. The list is just too long to name every individual of my Res Inn family because there is not one that I would leave out!!!

Whether you want to stay here for an extended business trip or a vacation, this is the place to stay. I have nothing but great things to say about staying here and look forward to coming in from work to a friendly hotel who really cares about how your day went. If they are busy or are having a bad day no one would know it and I can say that with confidence. I usually have the same room when coming back to the hotel from home on the Home Depot side. I understand some of us are very light sleeper (myself included). I have actually listened for what some others are saying about noise keeping them up all night and have yet to find that we have that issue. Yes, there are times you can hear Home Depot working but it has not been loud enough to keep us up at night.

The food is plentiful and anything that's not out for the light evening dinners or breakfast if we ask for it the staff do their best to see if they can find it for you. A lot of times so far they may have not had that item that night but when they have it again or something similar you walk in and WOW there is the one thing you had asked for before. There are so many guests you would think they would forget once you ask. Not here!! You matter.

Anyone who is looking for a great, clean, friendly place this is it. Anyone can find something wrong if you look hard enough for it. Even if the place is perfect (however, it is in my book perfect). When we choose places to stay it is what we make of it. If we want a bad experience that's what we'll get even at a Donald Trump hotel. If you want a place where you know it's going to be clean, you are welcomed and valued this is the place!!!! If there is a little issue with anything talk to someone. They will address as soon as they can I assure you. We are all human individuals. A little niceness goes a long way. Even though it doesn't matter how you say it because it will be addressed just as soon as possible, whether you use kind words, or harsh words. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and it's staff. Even the guest walk down the hallways happy to see you and rarely walk by without some kind of exchange of kind words or good wishes for the day, or a good night. I think this is because even though this hotel is rated under 5 stars, you will receive 5 star treatment and that is a pleasant surprise for MOST everyone. Thank you Res Inn from, Front desk, Management, Housekeeping, maintenance and staff for being my family when I am away from home. Without you all I couldn't be away from home as long as I am. And thank you for everything no matter how big or small you have done for us. Its great staying somewhere and actually feeling at home and welcomed as much as you can when you're away. I could go on and on but I think I have rambled enough now. JUST STAY HERE!!! I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED IT!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mmobley07
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My daughter and I spent two nights here with our swim team in a one bedroom king unit. The price was great since we got a team discount and the CC Natatorium is an easy 9 minute/5mile drive away. We arrived at about 445pm, but our room wasn't ready until 530. Other swim team families had to wait as well for their rooms. Our suite was nice, with typical Residence inn décor and layout, spacious & practical, with a full fridge (great for swim meet snacks & drinks), sink, stove, and kitchenware. There was a small table for two, a sleeper sofa in the living room and flat screen TVs (with cable, including HBO) in the living area and bedroom. The bathroom had plenty of counter space and it was nice to have the shower/tub and toilet with a separate door.
the staff was very accommodating to our swim team and specially prepared an early breakfast for swimmers since we had to be at the natatorium by 645 am one day and 715am the other. Breakfast was typical Residence Inn quality, with a waffle iron, oatmeal with toppings, scrambled and boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and French toast, plus the usual pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and drinks.
The one problem we had was that our room, #117 was right by the Home Depot loading bay and a noisy forklift was working from 1030pm-3am. We had gone to bed early since we had to wake up at 545 am, but were awakened at 1030 by the loud beeping and noise. We really weren't able to sleep through it, and my multiple calls to the front desk weren't answered. I knew the hotel was fully booked that night, so I didn't bother to walk to the office, but just tried to sleep through it and hope that my daughter did (but she didn't). At 545 I had to get my tearful and exhausted daughter to breakfast and to her swim meet. While she was eating breakfast I notified the front desk about our awful night and asked if it would be at all possible to change rooms. They were very apologetic. Apparently Home Depot doesn't make deliveries every night. We were able to switch rooms to the other side of the building that afternoon, and staff helped me move our luggage. The second night was great. Comfortable beds and no noise issues. They let us check out at 1pm since my daughter finished her meet at 1230pm.
The location is right off SPID, the main highway, very close to both shopping malls and other shopping centers. A high quality Olive Garden is less than 5 minutes away on the other side of the highway and an HEB grocery store is also less than 5 minutes away. Beach is a 15-30 minute drive, depending on what kind of beach you're looking for.
We would stay here again as long as we didn't have to stay in rm 117.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sugarlandmom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was quite disappointed in this hotel. If you're used to the Marriott standard of service and quality you'll be let down by this place.

We stayed there for a long weekend in June, and it wasn't as nice as I had hoped.

Pros:

- Friendly staff. I can't fault the staff. They are friendly and as helpful as can possibly be. They were always eager to be of service.

- Location. Moore Plaza is a nice, accessible place. There's a Barnes & Nobles with a Starbucks in it literally outside the door.

Cons:

- The room. While spacious, the rooms were just worn down and damaged. The upholstery was ripped and torn, paint was chipped. The doors didn't shut properly. The door to one of the rooms had a big bash in it like someone had rammed their fist into it, and consequently it didn't close properly, you had to shove it shut and yank it open. I mean, how much does it cost to replace a door that it hadn't been done yet?

-The front door to our room didn't catch and we had to shove it closed or it would stay open at the edge. This is a huge security issue as some people might assume it had locked when it didn't.

- A/C. The airconditioner was so loud. Unnecessarily loud. I've been in a lot of hotel rooms and apartment hotels and the A/C was far noisier than it needed to be. It was very disruptive to my sleep. When it started (we had it on Auto), it sounded like a loud bang. It was also either really hot or freezing. We had a two-room suite, and one of the rooms would be frigid while the other was sweltering. Very annoying.

- Odor. One of the rooms had a very bad odor in it when we arrived. One corner near the vent smelled awful. My brother commented that it seemed like something had died and was decomposing in there. We called front desk and they came up and smelled it but didn't feel like there was anything there, but they promised to send up maintenance the next morning to take a look at it. They did and it was resolved. However, we were there as part of a family reunion and a member of our family said their fridge smelled very, very fishy. I've no idea if they complained about it, so I don't know if it was resolved.

- Food. The food was bad. The eggs were cold, the waffles were rubbery, the coffee was watery. It was all just not good. Thankfully, there's plenty of food around the area and like I said, a Starbucks right next door.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. I know there are a bunch of similar places nearby, so I'd probably choose one of them next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Layla A
CorpusChristiRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Corpus Christi. My team aims to consistently deliver professional service and a great product to our guests but on this occasion the level of product you received was unacceptable. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. I have gathered my team to share these concerns and can assure you that all items listed have been addressed. We are a Marriott brand, and take pride in such a great name. It is very important to us that every guest leaves happy. This is why I would like to invite you back to our hotel the next time you visit Corpus Christi. I have left my office contact information below, and I would like to personally make sure your next stay is perfect. Sincerely, John Lyon General Manager Residence Inn Corpus Christi, TX 361-985-1113 X 409

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had a brief, but pleasant stay here for one night. The staff at check-in were so friendly. Room was clean and adequate for our needs. We didn't stay for breakfast as we wanted to experience some of the local eateries, but it looked good!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I made reservations requesting early checking, I know this was only a request. However, whin arrived at 11 the clerk told the room would be ready for 45 minutes. I was upset but patient. When I returned he said the room was not ready. I again asked why, he said the previous guest just checked out. Still patient I asked when would the room be ready. He said 45 minutes. You would think if he new I was waiting he would sent hos keeping to prepare the room for the guest that has waiting for a hour and a half....NOT...when returned he said housekeeping staff were cleaning other rooms. Bottom line I would have to another hour for the room.....POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE...

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Wallsl

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I apologize that you had a negative experience while staying with us. I can assure you that guest satisfaction is of the greatest importance to us at the Residence Inn Corpus Christi. We have taken steps with our front desk staff to make sure that issues like this don’t happen again. We value our guests’ feedback and hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will give the Residence Inn another try next time you stay in the Corpus Christi area.

John Lyon