“hotel under renovation..”

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
New Braunfels, Texas
“hotel under renovation..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

The hotel is under renovation at this time. I stayed in a room on the 3rd floor, the 3 surrounding rooms were being worked on. I wanted the highest floor, but you would have thought the clerk would not put me next to the rooms being worked on. A letter was slipped under the door saying they would accommodate me, but who wants to repack everything and move rooms? I was planning to stay 2 weeks, but left after 4 days. The TV's are old, no HD or flat screens. The picture would also flicker allot, so I checked to see if the cables were secure and they were, so don't know what the problem was there. The fitness room had one treadmill, one stationary bike and one stair climber. the stair climber was from the 80's and did not work. Very disappointed. I would wait a few months before staying at this hotel. The staff was very nice. The "business center" consisted of a small room with one computer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank countryfied

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Corpus Christi. It was very convenient to where I wanted to be. It was a last minute reservation, the staff were very accomodating. The room was beautiful and the bed could not have been more comfortable.
I felt so relaxed and comfortable there I extended my visit a day rather than room with friends. It is nice to have your own space with kichen available.
They also provided a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. The pillows are devine!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Stayed at Residence Inn for two nights. Clean and good size rooms. Breakfast was good. Staff is friendly. Will stay again for sure

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Central location close to shopping and restaurants. Quiet and intimate. Nice bed, fully equiped kitchen and pull out couch in the living room. Friendly staff. However, the shower drain was plugged. When I called for service at 6pm on Saturday, they said they had no one to take care of the problem until Sunday, when someone came and left it in worse shape. Linens were provided for hyda bed, but mattress cover had hairs on it and blanket was not provided. When we called for a blanket at 10:00pm, they said they were being washed and would take 1 1/2 hours.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank SolymarBQ
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Residence Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Corpus Christi Residence Inn in mind next time you stay in the area.
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

Everything started right after check in the Fireplace in our room didn't work so we went to the front desk to inform them, well to our surprise they knew about it and didn't tell us at check in, it never got fixed during our 3 day stay.
Later that day we took our kids to the pool and we can't imagine how much chlorine they put in that pool, it was so bad that we had to leave after 15 minutes because our eyes burned really really bad, also we couldn't find any towels by the pool.
By far the most disgusting thing we discovered at night, as we pulled out the pull out bed we found a mattress with blood stains all over it not to mention other stains, we called the front desk to come and replace the mattress, well we had to call them twice and they showed up 45 minutes later without even saying they would be sorry about it!!!
The next morning we found hair in the eggs..etc.
The day we checked out we had three other people in line complaining about that place.
We do travel a lot and we never stayed in a place that bad ever before!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pani96
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2008

This is really a nice, comfortable property...great for dogs with lots of grass out back, but the housekeeping is as bad as I've seen anywhere - at least on my floor. I called the front desk twice to get the room vacuumed and it never happened. I finally had to go get a vacuum cleaner from them the next day and do it myself. The housekeeping staff seems to be more interested in watching TV than cleaning the rooms. They turn the televisions up really loud and leave the doors open. Guests were walking by just shaking their heads in disbelief. I called for some extra towels and received them almost 4 hours later. I travel 75% of the time and this is just shockingly bad, especially for a Marriott brand hotel. It's a management issue, not just a housekeeping issue.

• Liked — We could get a two bedroom suite with two baths, perfect for family.
  • Disliked — The housekeeping was atrocious.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LindaFS
Weslaco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2007

I had a pretty nice stay at Residence Inn Corpus Christi.
I stayed in a suite with a king bed and sofa bed with my parents and teenage sister. But There were a few issues with the suite my parents say the king bed was comftorable but the sofabed on the other hand was awful it was lumpy, hard and I could feel springs stick into my back every time I moved. The pillows were flat. the suite was also quite small. The kitchenette was an okay size. the bathroom was attached to the very small bedroom wich made it very hard to get to the bathroom at night without disturbing my parents.
The TV's got lots of channels and the reception was crstyal clear.
It was supposed to be a nonsmoking room but when we got there it smelled smokey. The pool and hot tub were nice, clean and warm and one of the employees even brought out some nice fluffy towels for us. The snacks and drinks were very expensive. The employees were nice and smiled at us and said hello whenever we walked by. The breakfast was very nice with many choices (bagels, doughnuts, cereal, make your own waffles, fruit, ect.). It was in a great location right across the street from a shopping center and some nice restaurants. but there was no grocery store near by so the kitchenette was pointless. But it wasn't too far from South Padre or Museums.
I think it was sorta overpriced for what it was but the reason we stayed there is because we were on a this trip with extended family and they decided to stay at Residence Inn and we wanted to be in the same hotel. Overall I'd say this was an okay hotel. Just don't sleep on the sofabed!

Stayed April 2007