“I'm in the room right now and I want a refund!!”

Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #60 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
McAllen, Texas
“I'm in the room right now and I want a refund!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We knew it wasn't going to be nice (at $70 bucks) but this is bad! We are a couple and we reserved a king and instead got 2 double beds. Squeeze into one small bed or sleep separately (bummmer)! It's dirty and run down and there are mosquitoes in the room. Looks like someone wiped their dirty pizza hands all over the walls. As I am writing this, I am looking at a BIG spider in the corner next to a dead June bug. Looks like small blood smears on the walls from people killing the mosquites. There is a huge oil refinery right next door! Unsightly and a little scarey! Just saw a big black bug crawling across the floor!!! Transients hanging around outside. There is a guy at the end listening to loud music with his door open, looks like he lives here. What the hell are we doing here?!?! SOMETHING JUST FLEW PAST ME!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erika A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fredericksburg, Texas USA
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We knew we weren't getting a luxury hotel. We just wanted to add one more night to our trip without paying the high cost of hotels/motels in nearby Port Aransas. We wanted to come to Corpus Christi for food and museums, both wonderful experiences. This hotel was away from the beach; we knew that. It was a budget hotel; we knew that. We did not know how horrible it really was until we got there. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood. The curtains were worn and threadbare and the air conditioner made strange noises all night. It sounded like a river was flowing through the unit. The toilet seat was broken off on one side. There was no drain stopper in the bathtub. We were very disappointed. We didn't expect much, but got far less than that.
The plus side was that the lobby and the breakfast area were very nice, and the waffles were excellent at the continental breakfast. There was free wi-fi in the lobby and the staff behind the desk was friendly enough.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kusey
Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My second time to stay there, and a year has taken its toll. The exterior plaster is cracked, the sidewalks have all kind of spots and spills and stains, the stairway railings are coming apart. If this Rodeway were to be fixed up on on a blind date with Holiday Inn, there would never be a second date .Still, the rooms are clean, the TV is large, and continental breakfast a bit better than other places I have stayed. I met three staffers, only one seemed truly interested in helping me. A young girl barely looked up to help me from her internet surfing and another clerk had an accent I could not understand. I did not realize until later I was overcharged $10 one night, and the manager would only tell me to call corporate.
So, a year ago there were more good things than negative ones, but this year it is about half and half. Still, for the money, you get a clean room and good breakfast....but the exterior needs sprucing up.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2010

List of things wrong with my stay: Manager extremely rude, shower curtain had mildew on it, towels in room were wet, strong urine smell next to bed, smoke alarm in drawer nonfunctional, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in room, cats at the door every time we opened it and I am allergic, no ice in any ice machine on property. Check-in was supposed to be at 3 I was told my room wouldn't be ready until 4. It was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Your manager needs to learn customer service bad day or not. Housekeeping was pitiful! Will never stay at this hotel again!!! I have photos of the mildew on the shower curtain as well and it was disgusting. Also sent a complaint to the hotel with no response from them. Shows how much they care what their customers think.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank rebmom05
Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Stayed here one night on business. From downtown, easy to get to, short drive. Desk clerk more interested in texting on her cell phone than checking me in, but she was still pretty nice. When I saw that it is directly behind convenience store and that there were a lot of trucks in the parking lot, and the parking lot was a little trashed out, I was not sure I had a good place, but the room was quite clean with a big TV and quiet a/c. King size bed comfortable enough, no noise from other rooms.
Breakfast next morning: waffles, bagels, pastries, coffee, juice, two kinds of cereal, more than adequate.
I will stay here again. Paid $54 for one night, one bed, one person.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
austin tx
Reviewed 11 August 2009

this hotel is located on
5224 Navigation Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78407 .
my husband and i found it online.
we were expecting the worse, we read bad reviews about it. But we wanted to take our chances.
well, great price, comfortable rooms, AC always worked great.
i wouldnt recommend to families with small children.
the pool looked like it had not been cleaned, and its close to a busy highway.
but conveniently located to beaches, restaurants and shopping outlets

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Scheduled 2 night business stay.
Got the Business King Room
(payed 3 extra dollars a night Vs a regular king, and there was no difference)
Asked for Wheelchair accessible and the room was labeled that.

Roaches and Spiders in room along with flying insects (but won't hold the mosquitoes against them).

Toilet handle was snapped off and laying in the bottom of the tank. Had to reach in to the tank water to flush.

The toilet itself was not attached to the floor, so it nearly dumped me off the first time I sat down.

Free WiFi gave us 11mbs connection, and weak signal on top of that We were in room 116, so about 100 feet from the front desk.

The AC was loud, but worked from check-in to Midnight, and then Slowly died, and stopped working at all at 3 am. Called the front desk but no one answered until 5 am, and were informed that the owner would have to fix the complaints and he would be in at 8 am. We had to be at a show we were working at 7am, so we gave them our Cell Phone number, and they never called us back.

At 6am we decided to move hotels, we packed and went a block down the road to a Hampton Inn, talk about the other end of the scale, they took care of us.

Wheelchair Accessible... Not Hardly.

Not a Support for assistance in transferring to toilet or tub in the place. The Toilet was raised, but without support it was actually harder to use.
The Tub was a normal tub, as such was not usable at all.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business