“Great place and great value”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, TX
“Great place and great value”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Very nice hotel! And very good rates! The location is good, close to Padre Island as well as all the restaurants and La Palmera Mall. The hotel itself is beautiful. Free cookies at the reception desk and free breakfast downstairs. Free coffee all day too as well as free wi-fi. Service was very friendly. The room was a little on the small side but was comfortable enough, and definitely luxurious. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Hoss_Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Red Oak, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night room had a mini fridge and a microwave, but the internet was terrible it took many trys to connect and when you did the speed was very slow even email took forever to load, they have an indoor pool and a exercise room, and they do have a business center so i guess you can always go down there to get on the internet

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ThomasDRedOak_Texas
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear ThomasDRedOak_Texas,
Thank you for your feedback on the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. I hope you had a chance to use our pool and fitness room while you were here. I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the internet. I will have my team look into this to make sure other guests are not having the same problem. I hope the next time you find yourself in the area you will once again be our guest.

Betty K.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I was pleased with the room. It was clean, AC worked well and it was in a good location with lots of restaurants around. My biggest and only complaint is the internet. I've stayed in a lot of hotels because I travel quite a bit on business and the internet here was by far the worse I've had to deal with.

If they can fix the issue with the internet, I'm sure they'll get better overall ratings. For this reason is why I can't give it a higher than 3. Internet is very important when it comes to hotel stays.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
CorpusChristiCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and I am glad that it shows through to our guests.
Please accept my apologies for your frustration with our internet service. We take issues like these seriously and assure you that we are doing everything that we can to rectify the situation. If you should find yourself back in the area I invite you to once again be our guest.
Schertz
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Friendly staff did everything to please. Called to see if our room was ok shortly after we arrived...we asked for more towels and there were delivered in minutes. Breakfast buffet was good, bacon eggs,waffles, yogurt and the normal continental breakfast fare. Staff watching over the buffet were attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. One let down was the wifi service was weak, we couldn't keep a connection. We were on the third floor at the end of the hall..as far from the lobby as you could get...might have been why we had wifi issues. Grand kids tho end the cookies in the lobby...lemonade in the lobby was a welcoming treat after being out in the 95 degree weather. Will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2013

First I will say I would stay at this hotel again. My main complaint was the Internet. I was on the third floor and it never really worked consistently. It was an on and off issue the entire three days. I did complain and they said they would try and fix it but they didn't really get it fixed. I was offered a room on the second floor where, I wad told, the Internet seemed to work better. I was traveling with my three year old grandson and we ha unpacked so I declined to move--too big a hassle. If you use the Internet daily like I do request a room on the second floor. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The TV service was good. The breakfast was good with a good variety of foods. The pool was kind of warm to me and the workout room was ok. Only other complaint I had was that each day the maid only left two wash cloths. There were four towels and and towels but only two wash clothes. Go figure. Service was okay, not bad but not really outstanding. However the front desk person on check in was very friendly and the person I made the complaint to called me back to see if the issue had been fixed.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor if you want good Internet service.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Central TX
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed their a single night with the family. Nothing spectacular, but clean, quiet, welcoming, and affordable. Their location is in a very commercial area with lots of stores/shopping right in the area, and it is fairly centrally located. The indoor pool is small, but nice enough for a quick dip. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical for a free continental breakfast hotel - not great, not terrible, but adequate. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Columbia, MD
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My girlfriend and I were traveling around a couple cities in Texas and we stayed at an Extended Stay America in Austin and a Doubletree in San Antonio and this hotel here and I found this one to be the best. We had booked the room on Hotwire. When we drove down we found it and were somewhat nervous about the area, because we came through the backstreets and it looked questionable, but was fine once we settled in. The guy who worked the desk was friendly and took care of so right away. Our room was really nice, spacious, comfortable and clean.

The free Wi-Fi was pretty good overall and the amenities such as the breakfast weren’t too bad. It was close to the expressway and there were plenty of options to eat at and we found some really great places. Overall the rooms were very clean, fresh and the hotel itself was well maintained. One issue though was lack of convenient electrical outlets next to the bed.

I couldn't sleep our last night there, not because of the bed, because of other issues and I wandered down to the lobby to use my laptop without disturbing my girlfriend. I found they had fresh cookies and iced tea put out over night and you could still get a bowl of cereal and milk, which was a pleasant surprise.

It was the best stay of our entire trip and I’d recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple