“Texas hospitality”

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Montclair, New Jersey
“Texas hospitality”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The staff and management at the Country Inn could not have been nicer. Several of us native Corpus Christians were visiting from out of town for a family funeral and they were most accommodating about helping us find our way around and even letting us use their breakfast area for a reception, as Bcpianoman said. From the manager, to the receptionist and the breakfast staff, their kindest went above and beyond, and makes me wonder why I ever left Texas! They even provide cookies and iced tea in the lobby. Ask them for their lemonade-flavored ice tea recipe! I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Abcnjtx,
Thank you for your five star review of the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. It was our pleasure to host you and your family during a difficult time. I'm glad that my staff was able to make your stay more comfortable. We hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Betty K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Mark and his staff were very kind and attentive. The rooms were neat and tidy. Enjoyed the pool and work out while my stay. Also the communial areas were quite warm and inviting. The lobby has a homie vibe and the free snacks are tasty. Overall this is a great hotel!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Megsmi7-batman0307,
Thank you for your review and kind words for Mark and the rest of my staff. I will be sure to let them know. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. We hope that you will return the next time you are in the area.

Warm thanks,
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014

It's rare today to find a hotel so caring about their guests. We were in town for a funeral, and had no place for a small reception afterwards. The staff and hotel manager Betty Knight-Tapia offered to help. They graciously allowed our family to use the breakfast area afterwards to mingle and greet out of town friends. Not only were our rooms nice and clean, the service of the staff and compassion was beyond belief. Country Inn & Suites will be my first choice when traveling and looking for rooms. Thanks again for your kindness and generosity.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bcpianoman
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Bcpianoman,
Thank you for your kind review of the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. It was truly our pleasure to be able to assist you and your family during a very difficult time. If you find yourself back in the area we look forward to seeing you again.

Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn and suites from the middle of December to January 2013 - 2014 so our stay was over Christmas. Our flight came in very early in the morning so we were there 6 hours before check in with nowhere else to go. Rather than make us wait till then they had our room ready they gave us an upgrade to a bigger room with more facilities as it was ready to go. The hotel public areas were spotless and the room was spotless. Breakfast every morning served by the same friendly lady, always with a smile on her face and nothing is too much trouble. Nothing was ever too much trouble for any of the staff, even when it came to us needing to phone our credit card company back in England. If its a warm, friendly, relaxed kind of place your looking for in Corpus Christi, we personally recommend the Country Inn and suites. 10 out of 10 from Mr & Mrs Naranjo in England, thank you

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Rosy n,
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. It was a pleasure having you as our guests. It is my hope that your little angel is doing well. I wish you two could have been here under better circumstances. I was so pleased to hear we helped to make your holiday brighter. If you should find yourself back in the area, please come and see us again.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for seven days while vacationing in Corpus Christi. My first three nights were great, but on the fourth night all hell broke loose. After enjoying their jacuzzi I wanted to take a shower. I get in the tub turn on the water and ice cold water is the only water that comes out even on its hottest setting. After three hours of waiting on hot water, I called the front desk and was told that the only thing they could do was switch rooms. I was also told that the cold water issue happens from time to time. My husband and I had many items in the room. We did not want to switch to another room with cold water only, so I took a cold shower. After putting on some clothes I came out of the restroom to find my husband struggling to kill a huge (and very fast) cockroach. After our battle with the bug he called and asked to switch rooms. While leaving we opened the small fridge to grab our food and sodas and a roach crawled from out of the fridge as well!!!!! We trashed what we had in the fridge and went to the front desk to get the new room key. Upon entering our new room we noticed it was FREEZING in the room. Someone accidentally left the ac unit on. I quickly turned it off and turned on the heat settings so we wouldn't be cold all night, but the heat was not working. We were cold all night. After complaining to an assistant manager, we were told we would be refunded for our night from hell. I was never contacted back by the assistant manager about our refund, so I had to go through Cheapoair (who we love) about our refund. Cheapoair contacted the hotel got the refund processed and prevented us from being blown off. Moral of my story Cheapoair goes above and beyond for its customers but STAY AWAY FROM THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES IN CORPUS CHRISTI. It's a little piece of hell on earth.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shona K
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Shona K,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I would like to extend my apologies for the negative experience you had at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and I'm truly sorry we did not achieve that. I have already spoken to my maintenance staff to ensure that the problems you encountered have been fixed. If you find yourself back in the area again, I hope that you might allow us another opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

It doesn't nees any more comments. They are very good. Employees are super nice and clean room. The morning breakfast is good as well. I stay at this hotel often due to my job and never disappointed. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank bravomylife
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Bravomylife,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you feel our hotel doesn't need any more comments and that you rated us with FIVE STARS! I was equally pleased to read that you found our employees to be super nice and you found your room clean. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and to our Country Inn & Suites By Carlson brand. We look forward to your next stay. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The staff is very friendly and does their best to make you feel at home. We usually stay at La Quinta but decided to stay at Country Inn because of the location (shopping etc). The rooms are and the dresser drawers are smaller than La Quinta's. The breakfast buffet has a large variety and the "living room" area is very "comfy".

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family