“Good stay for a great price!”

WindWater Hotel Corpus Christi
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Good stay for a great price!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a spur of the moment trip to Corpus Christi and I have to say, I made the right decision. The price I got it for was amazing. The beds were comfortable the rooms were nice and clean. One thing that we noticed was weird was that our room was missing the light covers in the bathroom and the metal cover where the knob is to adjust the temperature for the shower was loose. However, that wasn't going to bother me. The breakfast they had in the morning was great! Most hotels at this price don't even come close to offering what they did! Eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, muffins, a cereal bar and the best guava juice cocktail I've tasted. If you are traveling and are looking for a good hotel at a great price, look no further than Windwater!

Room Tip: Book the hotel for early in the week so you can get the cheapest rate at $69!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Justin E
john g, Director of Sales at WindWater Hotel Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Thank you for being our guest at WindWater Hotel Corpus Christi, we strive to have the best customer service for every guest. Looking forward in having be our guest in the near future visits to Corpus Christi!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I must admit I did not read reviews prior to staying at the Windwater and I probably would have thought twice if I had, but I have to say I was happy with my stay. My husband, myself and two children stayed for two nights and enjoyed the place. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was great (eggs, waffels, & sausage), and the room was decent. It might need a little paint and some screws for toilet paper holder but other than that it was nice. And the best part was no bedbugs!! The price was average and compared to every other hotel in the area. I would probably give it another try on another trip out to Corpus.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank holmes66
john g, Director of Sales at WindWater Hotel Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete tripadvisor online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Drove five hrs to get there and at 7pm they gave us keys to our room. When we walked in it was all still messed up and dirty from the previous people. And there were no more rooms and we had to drive out of the city to finally find a room . What a nightmare and how nasty how they don't even check if their rooms are even cleaned. Pissed.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Angelinaann

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2012

it has to be the worst place I have ever stated in and actually asked my daughters to stay in,BIG MISTAKE. Like I said, RUN LIKE YOUR HAIR IS IN FIRE, Will be calling quality inn to let them now someone is infringing on their name. This is July 2012. Things are not well with the place!!!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! Nothing is nice about this place. Holiday Inn down the strip will take care of...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kendra s

Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

We woke up in the morning to find my counterpart bitten all over by bugs. They told us it was just sprayed and a guy showed up when it was time to leave to spray again. They showed little concern, not too friendly, not really clean. There was some remodeling effort, but they have a ways to go. Some intense training of staff is in order.

They should have offered to refund our money.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nothap
Windwater Hotel has a pest control company that services the hotel each month. All rooms are documented by pest control company, no bed bug issues as of October 2013.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

I don't know where average price of$92 comes from. We had a regular room w/ two full beds and it was $109 per night during the week. Very run down and not very clean. First day the cleaning people didn't even clean our room. They came around 9:00am and asked if we needed fresh towels but did not clean. They did clean on day two but did not leave enough towels. There was no Internet access. I asked about it and the receptionist told me that they would reboot the network and that I should have access. I never did. When I was checking out there was another woman complaining and they were giving her the same song and dance about rebooting. I told them that I was never able to connect and they just got me checked out as soon as possible. So I would say if you really need Internet access don't stay here. The breakfast was good, the pool is beautiful and the location can't be beat but the quality of the rooms, linens, towels, and service are poor.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Dee1728

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The exterior and the room looked to be recently renovated, but the paint job was poorly done. People were coming from the beach to use the pool. At one time, we saw about 13 young adults come in all at once from the beach. While we were waiting to sit at a table, a family were changing their clothes under their towels in front of us. Needless to say, they didn't have a room at the hotel. One of the residence complained to the receptionist , but nothing was done. To top it off, they didn't have enough parking spots.

The receptionist wasn't friendly over the phone or when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple