“Very Scary” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi,Texas
“Very Scary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2008

Though affordable with kitchenettes (no coffee pots, no toaster, Roaches everywhere! We sprayed and didn't have any luck. They allow children, dogs and drunks to roam freely. Guests feed the birds even this is against the rules. Kids run up and down uncontrolled at all hours of the night. The owners & workers spoke very little english and never seemed to understand us,. I also had my cell phone stolen within 5 minutes right in front of the owner, maintenance and a resident..
Some people live there permanently. I do not recommend this place at all. Bring your own plunger too. Yes we had to take care of that too. Not worth $70. $80. or $90.00. Filthy and rude.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank cleanandbugfree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2007

I drove up to the place and as I was checking in, a grotesque individual ran down to his car to get something out and there was also a "lady of the night" working during the day. When I got to my vehicle after having paid for the room, my daughter told me she didn't feel safe there. Also, there is no 'ocean view" room there at all. I turned in the key and told the receptionist, we wouldn't be staying there. I do not recommend it not even for an over nighter!

Stayed November 2007

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2007

I got stuck with this hotel after accepting a $49 rate through Hotwire. Normally I have better luck with that service. I had never heard of Knight's Inn and started checking around for reviews. Obviously, I was fairly concerned after reading what many people have written about the hotel.

Fortunately, Knight's Inn is not nearly the decrepit, miserable place some reviewers have claimed.

I'm not going to vigorously defend what is obviously a budget hotel in a building that is well past its prime. But our room was at least adequate. We had plenty of towels, the bedsheets were clean, and there was nothing particularly unpleasant about it. The air condition and television both worked well, and the shower seems to have been updated (albeit cheaply) fairly recently. The drapes and carpets were well-worn but no more so than should be expected from normal wear and tear. (I was expecting to find a frightening range of body fluids.)

A recent reviewer stated the situation perfectly in that Knight's Inn is fine if you're not going to spend a lot of time there. My wife and I only needed a place to sleep for the night, and we were satisfied. If you're planning on spending a longer time in the area and want to get comfortable - or if you're uncomfortable around other guests who drive older cars and drink cheap beer by the pool - you may want to cough up a few more dollars and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank three_five_right
Fort Hood, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2007

My husband and I wanted to get away to the beach before he leaves for overseas (he is military) so we drove down from Fort Hood, Tx. I saw the hotel pics and it didnt look that bad. So I went to American Airlines and booked the hotel. anyways, we got here and the location is very good. The hotel staff ( i only saw one) she was nice. Hard to understand but she wasnt from this country but that was fine. The room was alright nothing to brag about but it was only 50.00 a night. The beds ughhh how to explain them let me see, it was like sleeping on the floor atleaset for me. I usually stay at the Hyatt or Hilton and you know how those beds are. So last night all the people around us were partying and very loud. I heard the girl next door at 3am screaming because the man she was with was beating her up. The walls were really thin and u can see through the door cracks. They have a pool (which should have been a good thing) but the pool was very dirty and smelled. I really hope tonight is better... Oh and if you want good pillows you better bring your own. They give you 3 pillows for the king bed but they are paper thin.
I better get airlines miles for this.

• Liked — The beach side view and close to the gas station
  • Disliked — Rooms and pool
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank shayatforthood
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2007

My friend and I decided to get away for a few days and chose the Knights Inn on the Beach in Corpus Christi. We used a walk-in coupon. The rate on the coupon was 49.95, add $6.00 if you wanted a beach view. Once we got there, they said to add another $10.00 if you wanted 2 beds. My friend talked them out of the $10.00 charge and we got 2 beds.
The hotel is older and dated. No elevator, just stairs. Our biggest complaint was that after taking a shower, the tiny bathroom was soaking wet. You had to wipe off the toilet seat in order to sit on it without slipping. There was an exhaust fan, but it didn't work. The room was clean and the linens looked fairly new as did the carpet.
The complimentary breakfast was bare minimum and after tasting their weak coffee, we didn't bother with it again. There was no fruit, just corn flakes and fruit loops, coffee, milk and 1 type of danish.
There was a small pool, but we didn't use it. There was also a washer and dryer on the premises.
Overall I would stay here again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — dated
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank suzyqtx
elko Nv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2007

had a great stay last june at the Knights Inn, Nothing between me and the beach except sand. Walking distance from the Lexington and Aquarium. Went last June and going again on Wednsday!!

• Liked — Didnt need a car, close to everything I wanted to do
  • Disliked — A little hot
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sarahcelkoNv
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2006

You walk into the room and there are stains and holes in the wall. There was vomit on our floor and hadn't even been vaccumed. The paintings above the beds were covered in black tar and the curtain rods were falling off the walls. The place may look decent from the outside, like a cute little beach hotel, but you walk in the door and it is no where near par. There should be laws requiring hotels to keep certain standards. We checked out immediately (within 10 minutes) and found a hotel in downtown Corpus Christi, luckily. We were forced to pay for the night ($100), but it was worth it to get out of that place.

• Stayed March 2006