Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
US$156
US$150
Country Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$134
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
BestWestern.com
US$164
US$134
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
US$172
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
US$161
US$146
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$138
Travelocity
SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$116
SpringHill Suites
All reviewspork sausagefree breakfast was deliciousfront deskgoody baghousekeeping did a great jobroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast arearooms are beautifulthe air conditioning unitstayed two nightsthe entire staffa wonderful stayshopping and restaurantsbreakfast staffcentral locationbusiness trip
Reviewed 9 July 2012

By pricing, this hotel thinks they're in the midrange - but they're not (yet.) Perhaps when they finish the renovation. My room was small, the furniture was worn. My co-worker had a room with poorly working AC and a nonworking fridge (I had no fridge/microwave/etc.) Internet access was slow, even for a hotel. No fitness center. On the plus side: They really are trying. In the "continental breakfast" category, this hotel was excellent. Wide selection, good quality, good coffee. Staff was friendly, eager and competent. My room was clean and everything worked, though it did smell a bit funny at first.

Room Tip: Wait until renovations are complete.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I apologize our renovation process caused you to have a negative stay while at our hotel. I want to assure you that we are working to address these issues. We value all feedback from guests. We use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn next time you stay in the area.

Erik Wheatley

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at the hotel because of its proximity to the beach.

I had an issue with housekeeping.

It was eleven a.m. when housekeeping arrived. I asked if she could return to the room at her convenience. She was very rude and refused to return to clean up the room.

She said it was her last room on that floor and that she would be working on the next floor. I asked if she could return after that and was told that it was not possible, as she wanted to go home.

I therefore let her in. I then slipped and fell on the bathroom floor as a result of her spraying bleach on the floor. My pants were ruined as a result of the bleach product. She finished cleaning the room and left.

I was upset because I am one of those people who clean up after themselves and cleaning the room requires minimal effort by housekeeping.

I decided I would never stay at this place again.

I reported my feelings and the situation to Mr. Eric Wheatley, who is the new general manager. He said it was unacceptable. He reversed the charges for that night's stay. He offered to purchase new pants at the hotel's expense. He was even willing to purchase a gift card to Starbucks, at my request.

His prompt and professional response is why I would give this hotel another chance.

In addition, the breakfast is very good and the hostess, Donna goes out of her way to assist the guests. She even made the Texas waffle for my daughter, on two separate mornings.

Sonia at the front desk provided bottled water at the guest's request. I think. with how often my daughter went to the beach; that she would have dehydrated if it weren't for the bottled water!!

So YES please consider giving this a second chance. I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while here. We have taken several steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again. I am grateful you found Donna and Sonia helpful; our number one priority is making a good impression and friendliness to all our guests. We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Corpus Christi Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.

Erik Wheatley
Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Checked in here pulled back the sheets and was welcomed by the bed bug army. Before I could grab my things and get out of there got bit.

This hotel is dirty, decrepit and they need to demolish it and start over.

If my name was Marriott it would not be on this hotel for certain.

Room Tip: Don't go here is my advice period
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear EfficientTraveler,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm happy to hear that my staff was friendly and welcoming, and that the location was convenient for you. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Our mission is always to "Impress our Guests" and my apologies that we did not accomplish this. I hope that if you find yourself in the area again you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Erik W.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Unfortunately, my first choice, the Residence Inn next door was full so since this hotel was available and at the same location, I decided to book it.

My first impression was not favorable. It may have been overuse of cleaning fluid but when I walked in the door the smell in the lobby was pungent. Once I got to the floor my room was on the smell changed to a somewhat musty smell. The room itself smelled fine so I go over my initial concerns.

The room itself was ok. It was clean but the air conditioning unit sounded like an airplane was landing so I turned it off which was fine since the unit was on to the coldest setting and the room was quite "chilled".

I had the breakfast the next day. The usual array of bagels, bread, fruit and cereal.

I won't go back but I certainly wouldn't say it was the worst one I've been to. They are called Fairfield because you get the "fair" price for the basics. If you want more, take a step up in the chain. One note - the staff could not have been friendlier.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Have stayed here several times on business over the last few years. I get older, as does this property. Several chain restaurants nearby are an easy walk.

Employees have always been friendly & rooms have always been clean.

Some new carpet, larger breakfast area, and a breakfast menu redo would help this old gal. When schlepping luggage after a long day, automatic lobby doors would be a welcome update too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business