“Spartan but Adequate”

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“Spartan but Adequate”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The accommodations were the bare minimum of what you would expect in a room, no extras; however, it is everything you need, clean and comfortable. What this hotel lacks in amenities, it makes up for with customer service. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very nice with both hot and cold offerings. It varies everyday so you don't get the same thing each day. If you want to save a little money, stay here and get everything you need.

Room Tip: First floor is easy access to the breakfast area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Enid, OK
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Second chance I've given this property.
Not sure what changed, but they're doing a good job.
Staff had their act together, room was squared away, everything worked like a champ.
Definitely a regular stay in Corpus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great place to stay. Highly recommend it. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bottle of water and snickers bar were waiting for me. Close to where we were going. Air was down and room was nice and cool.

• Stayed October 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 September 2013

First, this is no full-service hotel. It reminded me of a Best Western or older Holiday Inn. Dated, a little musty smelling, small no-frills bathroom and no decor to speak of. But it is only a FF Inn. I think they just recently painted, which may have contributed to the smell..but I quickly got used to it. The front desk staff was always friendly and welcoming. I found the room clean and quiet. Especially liked the multiple outlets and coffee maker. Toilet pressure was a little low. The location is convenient to walk to many restaurants. I didn't try the hot breakfast buffet, but enjoyed the coffee offered throughout the day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EfficientTraveler
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear EfficientTraveler,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm happy to hear that my staff was friendly and welcoming, and that the location was convenient for you. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Our mission is always to "Impress our Guests" and my apologies that we did not accomplish this. I hope that if you find yourself in the area again you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Erik W.
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I usually only stay at Best Western wherever I go because of their accomodating staff, reasonable prices, and great amenities...BUT i had recently won a $150 gift card to the Marriott, therefore I decided to take advantage of the Fairfield Inn in Corpus with my recent trip....I had high hopes, but when I arrived I was quite disappointed. The room was tiny, smelled moldy, and carpet was damp and sticky...the bathroom was microscopic, and the bathtub was a nightmare if your claustrophobic. So being the optimist...i took my girls and said lets just go down to the pool and have some fun....OMG...that pool was a joke.....there is no entrance into the pool except the tiny wobbly ladder, which prevented my senior mother from getting in due to her bad knee, and when me and my girls got in it was so tiny i felt like i was in a bathtub...and the water in the deepest portion of the pool was to my waist maybe....walls were cracking and jagged, i hurt my foot on them several times...we finally decided to just go get some sleep. Next morning we woke up to find that the maid had threw our statement under our door while we were sleeping, which i thought was rude, and at checkout found that they had charged my credit card used to reserve the room ((remember i paid with a Marriott gift card)) $10...i asked what it was for and the front desk rep couldn't tell me, all she could tell me was i could call the 800 # and get it reversed. This is the worst, dirtiest, and most expensive hotel i've ever stayed in....if your smart you will avoid this hotel completely!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Jordanja09,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. Our night auditor does slide the bill under your door for our express checkout. Many of our guests enjoy this as it gives them time to look at their bill and make sure everything is accurate before they get to the front desk. I am sorry that you hurt your foot on our pool. I will have my maintenance team look at it immediately. I do hope that if you find yourself in the area again you will give us another chance to impress you.

Erik W.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was worried about our stay, but the Hotel was a pleasant surprise. We arrived early and the front desk clerk was helpful and got us into the room quickly and professionally. The room was clean and well kept. The morning breakfast was well done with a wide variety of food. The hotel staff was helpful throughout our stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I travel very often and always enjoy staying in Fairfield or another Marriott chain hotel. This location was not the same quality we have come to expect from Fairfields. We found that the hotel was outdated, and the beds very uncomfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and wonderful despite the disappointment of our expectation. The major complain would be that while eating breakfast, we found mold in the shredded cheese. It appears as if they keep refilling the cheese without cleaning it out, causing mold on the cheese that is on the very bottom of the container. The lady that works in the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful, clearing out dishes out. To sum it up, the people there are wonderful, but the hotel falls short of the standard that is expected from Fairfield.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
CorpusChristiFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that I have spoken with our breakfast attendants to make sure all items are fresh for our guests. I also want you to know that we will be undergoing renovations in 2014. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi in mind next time you stay in the area.

Sincerely, Erik Wheatley General Manager