“Solid hotel choice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently had a two night stay at the Fairfield in Corpus Christi. The room was clean and of nice size with the added bonus of a refrigerator. The pool is small and only 4 feet deep but is adequate for cooling off. We were invited to use the facilities of the adjacent Country Inn and Suites and the Residence Inn (we used the Jacuzzi). The breakfast area was crowded, but offered a reasonable number of choices (for example, hot waffles, scrambled eggs and pork sausage, plenty of cereals and yogurt, fruit, etc.). The staff was friendly. I like the location--just off of SPID and Staples/Everhart. Convenient for the south side and a head start to the island.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and the ice machine.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark H
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mark H,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool and complimentary breakfast. We hope to welcome you back to the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi for a 3 day stay. The staff was exceptionally helpful and nice including the Asst GM (Anthony), Front Desk (Theresa), Food Service (Patricia), and Housekeeping (Blanca). Both Anthony and Theresa made sure we had the right room, extra blankets/pillows, and plenty of towels. The morning food service was excellent and Patricia always had a smile or her face and was very pleasant. Blanca made sure our room was always clean and sparkling. I usually stay 50-75 nights/year in hotels and this one rivaled many higher end properties for cleanliness, atmosphere, and staff. Would definitely recommend this location and will be staying here again, next time I come to Port A.

Room Tip: Request King Suite if available.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janie A

Dear Janie A,
My entire staff joins me in thanking you for your kind words. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and we always want to know when we accomplish that! Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a last minute beach trip. The hotel seems like an older one (judging the outside) that Marriott bought, but the inside and completely new and very nice. I stayed with my husband and eleven month old and wasn't worried about him crawling around the room (it was cleaner than most hotels). There's adequate parking for free, and places to eat nearby. The beach is about 15 minutes away, but you are in town so it's kind of a trade off.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mallory w

Dear Mallory w,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean, modern rooms and our convenient location. I hope that you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Sincere thanks,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I googled for the hotel closed to the Emerald beach and near the shopping center. I found the Fairfield. I read couples comments and booked it 2 nights, 2 rooms for my family. It turned out wonderful as I expected: the room is clean, the lobby is colorful and a cozy breakfast place. The staffs and other travelers are friendly and kind. The front desk staffs are always available for information. I highly recommend this hotel to others. Very pleased!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chi V
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Chi V,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm so glad that our location and friendly staff made your stay exceptional! We appreciate you recommending us to others and hope to see you again soon.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Newly remodeled and it looks great! I don't like to stay in hotels because the outsides look nice but once you're in your room they look dirty, dingy, smell bad and I'm terrified if the bed is clean but not this hotel! The room was VERY clean. I didn't even see any dust. The decor was modern and stylish and the room even had a fridge. The staff was very polite. I had a situation with my check in time (on my side not the hotel's. I wouldn't be around at the time of check in) and there was no problem! Theresa (I hope I spelled her name correctly) was a pleasure to talk to. She even remembered my last name and pronounced it correctly, which is rare since my last name is not common. I even saw one young lady later in the evening going above and beyond for a guest. The guest seemed quite pleased with her assistance. There are complaints on here about the new carpet smell but you have to understand, it's newly remodeled and it comes with the territory. For me the new carpet smell makes me think "clean" as I associate the smell with being new. There was no smell in my room though. The location is great as you have easy access to restaurants, shopping centers such as Target, Old Navy, Gap, Barnes and Noble, Petco and World Market to name a few. All are within a short driving distance without even having to get on the freeway. The hotel is in one of the shopping centers and across one road that's not that busy is the other shopping center, all on the same side of the freeway. I use to live in Corpus Christi so location was a big decision in my stay. The only negative comment I can come up with is there does not seem to be enough parking. I came back to the hotel after midnight and could not find a space to park, but that is out of their control due to their location and should not be a factor in deciding to book with this hotel. The night security gentleman was very polite and showed me where I could park which was not far from the door at all. If you happen to forget toothpaste or other small like item the front desk can help as they have complimentary ones available upon asking. There's even a small convenience center where you can buy snacks without having to drive to a store. This is how I imagine all hotels should be. If you want an A+ location and service don't hesitate to stay here. When I return I will definitely be staying here again. I couldn't have been more pleased nor can I provide enough compliments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jason T

Dear Jason T,
Thank you for your thorough review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled hotel, convenient location and friendly staff. We love being able to show off all of our new amenities! Please come back and see us again soon.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at the Fairfield Inn was exceptionally helpful. Theresa and Gilbert, in particular, went out of their way to share info about goings on in Corpus Christi. All the staff was very helpful and courteous. Definately will stay there again. We used the outdoor pool on site and the indoor pool next door. The breakfasts were very nicely presented and maintained. The place was kept nice and clean. We had an issue with our sink draining slowly. It was handled quickly and efficiently. Their morning staff meetings were also nice to sit in on. Lol! Thanks guys, for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Seemed to me that any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sparble

Dear Sparble,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm so happy that our friendly staff helped make your stay exceptional! We appreciate you telling others about us. Please come back soon!

Kindest thanks,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel staff was very lovely! They were very accommodating and made us feel very welcome! I absolutely love the hot Buffett breakfast in the morning. Our rooms were nicely renovated. And we even got cookies in our room after they cleaned it out (: overall it was an amazing stay and I can't wait until the next time I come to corpus because this is the hotel I will be staying at.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cecchini57
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Cecchini57,
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that our friendly staff helped to make your stay exceptional! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. Please come back and see us soon.