“Great staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Great staff”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great hotel staff that accommodated all my needs. I am a gold member and the hotel did more than was needed to make me feel at home with my family. I needed a late checkout to wait for my parents and the hotel staff agreed without question. Most Fairfield inns give me grief but not this on. Awesome job accommodating the needs for my family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Mox219,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm so glad that my staff was able to exceed your expectations! They will be so happy to hear! I hope we will see you on your next trip to the area.

Shawna J.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and made us feel like we were at home. Breakfast was good, better than most places. All of the staff were very friendly from front desk, maint., housekeeping, to the breakfast ladies. All went out of their ways to make us feel comfortable. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel. Location is great as well.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kym03
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Kym03,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that our entire staff offered you exceptional service which helped to make your stay great! They will be so glad to know that their hard work and dedication is being noticed. We look forward to your next stay at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi.

Sincere thanks,
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked a stay for 2 nights at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi with the purpose of celebrating my husband's 60th birthday. The day of check-in, I called the property and spoke to Ruby. I shared the purpose of our visit and i wanted to make sure that we had a king size bed and prepay my reservation so we could go straight to our room upon arrival. Ruby was incredibly nice on the phone, took care of checking us in and would have the room keys ready upon arrival.
Everything went smooth and upon entering the room, there were balloons and a small birthday cake along with a card signed by the entire staff..... We were so incredibly touched by this gesture. These types of gestures sets a property above the others, Ruby truly shows what customer championship is and has now guaranteed a customer for life.

Thank you Ruby and Fairfield Inn Staff - you are amazing

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Christinebullock1,
Thank you for leaving us a review and for choosing us to help celebrate your husband's birthday milestone. I'm so glad to hear that Ruby exceeded your expectations and helped make your stay at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi memorable. I hope that we will see you and your husband again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband called ahead and reserved a room at the last minute. We were in a bind with a ten month old, and they allowed us to check in a couple of hours early! When I arrived at the front desk, the girl had remembered my husband calling and knew exactly who I was. It made check in a breeze! Ruby was working the front desk and she was the sweetest! She was just above and beyond nice and smiling, and it was so refreshing to see such a happy face. As I was expressing my thanks for the hotel allowing me to check in early, she said it was no problem and if a situation came up where we needed to check out late, I could. This was incredibly awesome because I was afraid to ask for both but we REALLY needed it. So, they let me check out at 2 :)

The inside of the hotel is newly renovated, and was very welcoming. We got a room with a king and the room was so large with brand new carpets, that I had no problem letting my 10 month old roam free and crawl everywhere! Love all the updated decor and paint colors, and the bathroom was nice and clean too! Fridge and microwave was nice and the lamps had the outlets on the base making it very convenient when searching for a plug in- this simple feature goes a long way. Since check in, I have been greeted or acknowledged by every member of staff I have encountered! In my experience at other places, that's usually limited to people working the front desk.

At breakfast this morning, Patty greeted us so sweetly and sincerely, and when she saw me getting breakfast with one hand while holding a baby, she offered to help! I declined but it was so nice of her to think of while she was busy working! When we were finished, I was headed to throw our plates away and she took them for me. Seriously so thoughtful and sweet. It was an awesome start to our morning!

The renovations have made it a very comfortable place to stay, but the staff is what sets this hotel apart from any other hotel I have stayed at. They seem to love their jobs and take great care in what they do and that is hard to find!

Theresa was very nice at checkout, and unfortunately I didn't catch her name but I think it was one of the ladies from housekeeping actually volunteered to help me carry my pack in play to my car because she saw me struggling while holding a baby.

My husband was at work during check in and check out, so the employees who were so happy and willing to volunteer to help really made a difference.

1 Thank lacie11
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Lacie11,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm very pleased to hear that Ruby provided you with exceptional service which helped to make your stay even better! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about us. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently had a two night stay at the Fairfield in Corpus Christi. The room was clean and of nice size with the added bonus of a refrigerator. The pool is small and only 4 feet deep but is adequate for cooling off. We were invited to use the facilities of the adjacent Country Inn and Suites and the Residence Inn (we used the Jacuzzi). The breakfast area was crowded, but offered a reasonable number of choices (for example, hot waffles, scrambled eggs and pork sausage, plenty of cereals and yogurt, fruit, etc.). The staff was friendly. I like the location--just off of SPID and Staples/Everhart. Convenient for the south side and a head start to the island.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and the ice machine.
1 Thank Mark H
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Mark H,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool and complimentary breakfast. We hope to welcome you back to the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi on your next visit to the area.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi for a 3 day stay. The staff was exceptionally helpful and nice including the Asst GM (Anthony), Front Desk (Theresa), Food Service (Patricia), and Housekeeping (Blanca). Both Anthony and Theresa made sure we had the right room, extra blankets/pillows, and plenty of towels. The morning food service was excellent and Patricia always had a smile or her face and was very pleasant. Blanca made sure our room was always clean and sparkling. I usually stay 50-75 nights/year in hotels and this one rivaled many higher end properties for cleanliness, atmosphere, and staff. Would definitely recommend this location and will be staying here again, next time I come to Port A.

Room Tip: Request King Suite if available.
1 Thank Janie A
Dear Janie A,
My entire staff joins me in thanking you for your kind words. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and we always want to know when we accomplish that! Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a last minute beach trip. The hotel seems like an older one (judging the outside) that Marriott bought, but the inside and completely new and very nice. I stayed with my husband and eleven month old and wasn't worried about him crawling around the room (it was cleaner than most hotels). There's adequate parking for free, and places to eat nearby. The beach is about 15 minutes away, but you are in town so it's kind of a trade off.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mallory w
Dear Mallory w,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean, modern rooms and our convenient location. I hope that you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Sincere thanks,