“Location”

Best Western Paradise Inn
Ranked #29 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at this inn during our annual trip to TX. The location and staff was the best.
We will be back and stay here again. The Internet was little slow but not a deal breaker for us. The pool was very nice and coffee was too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie G

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here in July 2013 for a state exam I had to take. The location is not the best, but it is close to a lot of shopping centers. The lobby was clean and nicely decorated. The room I got was in the second floor. There was a bad smell in the stairwell, but the room was very clean. I really liked how the rooms are decorated. I think it is great for what you pay. I don't expect too much from a Best Western. You can't expect an Omni Hotel. But the stay was quiet and peaceful. The A/C worked fine. Minimal noise. The room had 2 queen beds and a refrigerator. I really enjoyed my stay and it helped me get the rest I needed before my important exam. The continental breakfast was decent and I was able to have breakfast before I left for my exam. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank philip0424
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had great expectations, but the smell in the hallway and the room was really bad, at one point that we really consider moving to another hotel. I talked to the front desk staff and they keep saying they don't have another room available. Then the toilet was clogged. They gave me a plunger which did not help, but took care of it the next day. If you showed up for breakfast 30 minutes before they close, you have to eat the left overs, because they do not replenished.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Luis A C
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Nice clean room. Friendly staff. The only complaint is the swimming pool area. The pool is too small. It was not clean and full of dead ants. Also the hot tub was broken. The price, for the hotel, could use a discount.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FrankTX
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The front desk was very helpful with getting our rooms close. Saw to it that we were able to get king room and 2 queen beds room. The front desk was able to tell us how to get to a public area on the coast line. Rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

For what this hotel lacks in amenities, it makes up for in friendliness. There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room, my air conditioner rattled and there is little or no soundproofing between rooms as evidenced by my neighbors' tv blaring all night. (Travel with ear plugs, people. My best travel advice.) However, every single staff member I encountered greeted me with a smile, no matter what they were in the middle of doing. My housekeeper even left me a very nice note on my second day. When you're on the road for an extended trip and encounter only strangers, friendliness in unexpected places goes a long way.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I would actually rate this motel a 3.5 if possible. The room rate was good for this busy holiday weekend. The king size bed was comfortable. The location was near enough to the attractions of Corpus but next time I think I'll spring for something more expensive and right on the beach.

All we did was sleep here ...we did not eat breakfast (though I took a peek at it ...typical continental fare with added scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage ...which they were out of ...and as I checked it at about 9:15 and breakfast closes down at 9:30 ... none of the three workers nearby were replenishing anything).

The room smelled a bit musty but was clean. The a/c kept the room nice and cold ...get used to the noise of it cutting off and on ....there's no continuous fan noise.

The lobby receptionist was pleasant. They were out of Corpus Christi maps and I wasn't able to print one from the lobby. Overall the stay was decent. I found a very good Internet price for the room.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and google for the best prices. Check Trip Advisor and read guest comments.