“Exceeded expectations”

Best Western Paradise Inn
Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I prejudged this hotel when we drove in. The location made me think it would be noisy. I was happily surprised at the super clean and modern room. The bed was comfortable. Even though the hotel was completely booked it was one of the quietest hotel stays I have ever experienced.
Will stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Olive
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the Super 8 and switched to the Best Western so much cleaner and quiet , my family and I would recomend the Paradise Inn if you are in Corpus Christi TX Never a Super 8 no madder how cheap or close it is for what you need as a corporation they should tare them down and give the owners training classes on how to take care of a hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The room was clean when we arrived. I asked when checkout time was and was told it was noon. I was staying for one night do to work being done on my house.

The next day the maid service started about 2 1/2 hours early. They got to the room around 10, when check out is noon and check in isn't till 3pm. I yelled, quite loudly, that we were still in the room and they still tried to open the door. If I can hear people talking outside the door, then I know they could hear me yell. The cleaning lady even yelled back, after closing the door, that she would be back. A little bit later I heard them outside my door again and they sounded frustrated that I was still in the room. The cart went back and forth in front of the room multiple times, even if I was trying to sleep I wouldn't have been able to, between the cart and their talking.

Finally around 11-1130 I left. I have never had this happen, but the clerk called my phone around 1230 to ask if I was checked out. My reservation was for one day, I left both keys and I never told anyone that i was staying another day. Leaving the keys in the room, I thought, was the international sign for checked out. I have never been to a hotel where they called me, leave a message requesting that I call them back to confirm that I was checked out. What if I didn't confirm that I was checked out? Would they charge me? Ridiculous.

If you plan on sleeping late and not leaving before 9, don't stay here because you'll get woken up and not be able to go back to sleep. Then you'll have to go back to the front desk to have them officially check you out.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the street, so none of them are really quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 September 2013

nice clean room, comfortable bed, excellent staff, outside is a little dated, excellent central location to Padre Island, shopping and places to eat, easy access to downtown and several tourist spots, Texas Aquarium and USS Lexington

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Brownsville, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I make the reservation and on your notes i add that may childs has allergies so i saw room without carpet and I receive one with carpet, the person how cleans the room put me again the same sheets and blankets on the bed. Also i leave thoses sheets on the floor on the front of the door let it know to chance for new ones (In plastic on the room you have a legend says if you dont want to chance the sheets to help to save the planet leave this plastic on the bed ill never put that legend over the beds!!!). Then when i call to front desk to tell the situation about the room cause smells bad they dont cleaned correctly the bathroom smells like ones of the gas stations, the sheets of the bed are dirty. The lady with name Sarah talk to me so bad and say she cant do nothing about until tomorrow she never apologies, so i ask for new sheets and blankets and clorox to clean my self the horrible smell on the bathroom (also that smells never goes, i cleaned my self and my wife to and the smells stays there). When she came the second time she apologies cause she saw my cam filming her and shes attitude changes completely now she say sorry about and it was common sense if a leave does sheets on the floor the lady of the cleanest has to put new ones. I never going to get back on this horrible hotel we dont want to use the bathroom thinking we can get and infection!!!! Bad service, bad people and bad administration on this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The room was well suited for our use. The bed was very firm and nice to sleep on after a long day. The bathroom was a little sparse, but was expected. The flat panel TV worked well with a satisfactory number of channels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Bruce589
Cypress, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel value and service was great - we were moving in a college student and they had a lot of suggestions on where to get things! Breakfast was great too - lot of selections and food was fresh. Front desk was very quick on check in and check out with everything being accurate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family