“Best West 358 Corpus”

Best Western Paradise Inn
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Don't be fooled by outward and location decor- nice hotel and close to Corpus night life. Parking was a bit on the crowded side but available. Staff accomodated my downstairs request and reservation was correct and check -in/ check out twas smooth ..Recomend this hotel if your in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our Daughter lives in Corpus Christi and she was expecting her first child and she called on Saturday Jan.4 and said she was in labor so we drove 7 and half hours with no reservations anywhere and since we only stay at Best Westerns we saw there was the Paradise Inn 2 blocks from the Hospital it was meant to be. Showed up late in the evening hoping they had room and they did have a few from the looks of the parking lot it looked pretty full...Got a downstairs room with parking right in front of our door which is always a plus, The Desk Clerk had a few people in line but I was impressed with how she was trying to help the Lady in front of me, I wished I had paid more attention to the Clerks name but the lady in front of me was having some economic doubts since it sounded like she may have been in town unexpected as well but for a family member being ill and she was trying to find an affordable way to spend the week in town...The Clerk got her checked in and made her feel good about her decision to stay. She promptly checked me in and moved on to the person behind me...Very professional young lady. The room was very clean and comfortable and the internet connection was awesome for a family of 3 with 3 laptops. The only reason I gave this property a satisfactory on the bed was because it was too firm for me, but my family had no issues and said it was all in my head. Breakfast had a nice variety and of course the famous Texas Waffles, I loved the sausage patties the only thing missing was some good ole gravy to go with the bisquits and scrambled eggs. On Sunday morning the 5th we were the first ones in for breakfast we had a slight issue with the milk both pitchers had a funny twang to it and the morning clerk fixed that right off once we told her about it, she promptly put out fresh milk and apologized. The property is located around tons of shopping and food places not to mention how handy it was for these new Grandparents to run to the Hospital, with easy access to S.P.I.D. to get you to the Beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vickie Massey C
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Extremely helpful, friendly and courteous staff. We stay in Corpus 3 - 4 times a year and this is the BEST Hotel we have found. We will definately be staying here on future trips.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Good value for sleeping room. A Bit noisy, (Close to highway), but I could sleep.No elevator to 2nd floor. Web site did not register my request for an accessible room; Clerk did not understand that I needed an accssible room for my mobility chalanged wife, but did change the second floor room to a ground floor room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We called the front desk upon arrival because the smoke alarm was activated by the heater being turned on-the room was quite cold; I then had an asthma attack. Our room did not have the refrigerator and microwave as stated online. We asked the clerk who came to address the smoke in the room. She said it would be delivered first thing in the morning. The morning arrived, but brought no refrigerator/microwave. The manager stated there was no room-there was plenty-and within ADA guidelines. We were made to carry our medication to the front desk for refrigeration, and use the microwave in the dining room. The postage-stamp sized pool was covered in debris-the same debris all four days of our stay. The hot tub was out of order. The housekeeper left only bath towels, no wash cloths or floor mat. The television controls were disabled so that the tinny pitch was unchangeable. The tile-cutting construction crew outside the room began work promptly at seven am...nice. The room had an adjoining door and it seemed as if the very loud laughter was IN our room. The breakfast was doled out meagerly, counting each biscuit and piece of fruit. The seating in the dining area was minimal-we had to stand and wait for a place, as we were not allowed to leave the dining room with our plates. The coffee service in the room was not refilled during our four day stay. I have to say, after staying in Best Western Hotels around the country, this was the Worst Western-ever. A little kindness goes a long way...don't look for it in the Paradise Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I prejudged this hotel when we drove in. The location made me think it would be noisy. I was happily surprised at the super clean and modern room. The bed was comfortable. Even though the hotel was completely booked it was one of the quietest hotel stays I have ever experienced.
Will stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the Super 8 and switched to the Best Western so much cleaner and quiet , my family and I would recomend the Paradise Inn if you are in Corpus Christi TX Never a Super 8 no madder how cheap or close it is for what you need as a corporation they should tare them down and give the owners training classes on how to take care of a hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family