“Underwhelmed”

Reviewed 5 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was clean and the room and bed were very nice. Beach was a fairly short walk away from the hotel. We went off-season and it was nearly empty. It was hard to find, and when we called for directions, we couldn't understand the person who answered the phone. Both my wife and I repeatedly tried and just could not make out what the clerk was saying. When we finally did arrive, the staff on-site was not very friendly or helpful. There no phone books in the room and when I went to the desk to ask for one, I was given a hand-written list of phone numbers for pizza delivery. There is not much close by in the way of restaurants, etc. Everything is at least a couple of miles away. The elevator had a terrible mildew odor. When I tried to use the computer/internet, it wasn't hooked up. When I asked at the desk, I was told it wasn't connected.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 25 February 2014

First thing, I open the loaner baby crib for my infant and the crib was held together with hopes and dreams. Then it looked stained , and if it has never been clean . Forced to use it, I went looking for housekeeping to get an extra blanket to cover this nasty unsanitary thing. When I found them she was cleaning a room with what looked like friends of family hanging out while she ''worked''. This looked sketchy. The bathoom had dead bugs in it, and tub was cracked and felt like it was gonna cave in. After a long day we tried to go to sleep. My wife pulled the covers down and a wad of about4inches of hair was on the matress. Do not stay here!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

First of all, the place looked nothing like the photo online. The rooms were filthy. Management was horrible and not willing to accommodate me whatsoever not to mention I could hardly understand the manager. If you have a disabled person, DO NOT GO THERE! Even with proof of my reservation in hand showing I had 1 room for 2 nights, the manager argued with me and insisted I two rooms for 1 night. I was forced to pay for 2 rooms and charged for another room the second night. RIDICULOUS! The beds were flat out GROSS (hair in the bed, etc.). The bathrooms were disgusting (i.e. black curtains, rusty metal). I had to ask for numerous things such as towels and bath mats. I wasn't informed about breakfast and wasn't told where the ice machine was--I had to find it myself. I don't recommend that ANYONE stay in this "roach motel". Consider yourself warned.

Room Tip: Choose another room at another hotel/motel for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family