“Worst Place I Have Ever Seen in My Life!!!”

Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #52 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 20 June 2009

My husband and I drove all the way to Corpus Christi from Mansfield, Texas. This Days Inn is a disgrace. The room was dirty, there were stains on the sheets, hair on the phone, and the bathroom looked like "who done it"!! We were there a total of 45 min. In that time we told the hotel manager, Raj, that it was filthy. He then offered to give us a room facing the beach. The place was a rat hole. I had to fight with them for an hour this morning just to get my refund!! This hotel is for the younger crowd that are just there to get drunk and lay on the beach. Even at that Corpus looks like a third world country. It was very depressing. It sure didnt look like Texas!!?? Never again will I make that trek again. What a waste, all the way around.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahrowland

Reviewed 25 March 2009

I am a frequent traveler and had collected some pts with the Wynham program. I did some research on this hotel, saw some very bad reviews but decided to take a chance. We are not picky travelers. I was told this Days Inn is close to the beach. I stayed in other Days Inn before and never had bad experiences. So I redeemed 2 nights at this motel. What a mistake! The room was tiny and dirty, bathroom was gross, there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We won't get housekeeping services until the afternoon. We walked to the beach and happened to see someone washing the towels and sheets in the laudry room in the back, (you can't believe how tiny / dirty their laundry room is) and she just laid everything on the floor. The pool area had a gasy smell. I think this hotel is family owned and housekeepers are general manager Paresha Desai's parents. They are too old to do this kind of work and no wonder the rooms are never cleaned.

All the above are torlerable, we are not picky travelers at all. We checked out around 10:30 in the morning and head back to Houston. Then when we got back to houston (around 2:00 in the afternoon) the manager Paresha Desai called me on my cell phone and told me she had to charge extra $50 on my credit card because their housekeepers claimed a blanket was missing. I was so mad!! Who would take a dirty blanket from such a shabby place. And that blanket sure doesn't worth $50!! They just trying to squeeze more money out of customers. If they checked the room right after we checked out we could drive back and look for it. We did locked the door when we checked out so I am sure no one else could walked in and took it. I think the housekeepers are just too old to find it. when they wash the sheets they may find it in the sheets somewhere in the laundry room because I am sure they will wash the blankets and the comforter for years.

All I can say is: DO NOT STAY THERE!! I can't believe she (Paresha Desai) had the guts to call me hours after we checked out and already charged $50 on my credit card. The way she talked to me and my husband was rude. I am hoping, hoping that if they did find the blanket she would call and apologize. How rude and disrespectful to Customers!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank AngieCao
Reviewed 8 March 2009

This bad hotel experience began before I even arrived at the hotel. 1) I made a mistake while making the reservation and called several times to see if it could be resolved or if someone could help me out. NO HELP from the hotel itself (general manager very rude) . 2) I called and let them know that we would be arriving late as if it was there problem they seemed irritated by the fact that we were arriving late even though my card had already been charged and they were still getting their money. 3) Upon arrival no one greeted us only aknowlegement was getting the door opended. 4) Couldnt find my reservation and had no knowledge as to my late check in. 5) Seemed bother to turn on the elevator for us since we did have an ice chest full of stuff and were not going to attempt to carry up 3 flights of stairs. 6)Was rudely answered when asking for a late check out since we did arrive at 4am and would only be able to sleep for 3 hours and would've liked to come back during a break (since we were in a vball tourney) it was "NO"
7) Was rudely asked to sign as I was checking out "you need to sign this". I will never stay at this hotel again and will make sure that not even my worst enemy does. I myself work for a hotel The Marriott (not sure if its because of the difference in the brand) and I dont believe that guest should ever be treated the way we were treated. The lady and gentleman that we encountered with should not be in customer service I dont believe they know what it means and if you dont like your job then please do us a favor and leave it. And after reading most of the reviews on this site I know most people would agree.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank dnsmith532
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. This is by far the worst customer service I have EVER experienced. We booked our trip through Hotwire looking for a moderately priced hotel in the Corpus Christi area. What a mistake. Upon arrival, we were told that we had a smoking room unless we wanted to pay a $50 upgrade to a non-smoking room. After speaking with the manager about my allergies to cigarette smoke, the manager still would not accomedate our request for a non-smoking room. In fact, when we first asked to speak with the manager we were told we would have to wait ten minutes because she was on break even though we could clearly hear her on the other side of the front desk wall. Stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonestraveling
Desaifal, owner at Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2009

We are really sorry for the experience you had at our Days Inn. There is no excuse for this. After reviewing your reservation you had booked your room for smoking kings and at any of our website smoking rooms are little cheaper than the non smoking rooms. So for the upgrade there is a little charge. I understand that you have are allergic to smoking room. Next time if you like a better rate and a smoking room please contact out hotel directly for reservation so we can be the help for your concerns. If you have any question please call us so we can help you.

Paresha Desai

361-882-3297

Reviewed 23 August 2008

I took a chance on the hotel based on the two more recent reviews. It wasn't too bad. The hotel obviously has made attempts to update. The only problem with that is that the updates are sloppy. For example, doors with holes from something nailed there were simply painted over and rails in the bathroom painted the same as walls. But, they've added new headboards, mirrors, chest and shower curtain. I would have liked to see it a bit more cleaner and new sheets and towels.

Breakfast could be a bit better. Be aware that it is only from 6am to 9am. And it will be packed up by 9 on the dot. We were not made aware of this time at check in, but luckily we were awake and I called down to ask. We got there at 8:30 and there wasn't much of a breakfast. The tiny room has about 6 small tables which also includes the ice machine and two vending machines. The remaining items to choose from were waffles, which you make yourself, milk, juice, cereal, sliced bread, and breakfast cakes. But , hey, t's inlcuded in then price of your room and helps to hold you over until lunch.

The location is great. Close to the bay (one block up) and minutes drive away from local restaurants, the USS Lexington, TX Aquarium and downtown Corpus Christi. Also, about a 20 minute drive and 2 minute ferry ride from Port Aransas, where there is another beach.

My husband and I both agreed that this is what we would expect from a Days Inn and the room is a bit pricey compared to what you actually get.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for noticing the changes we have done on at this hotel. we will be keeping your concern in mind. We are still not done with our renovation. Because of the down turn of the economy we had to put all the renovation on hold and regarding the breakfast area we will be giving you more variety in breakfast. I understand that you have stayed at our hotel during summer time. Summer is our pick season, if you would like a better rate please come during winter time from September to end of February and also April and May. You will get our best rate and service. I am sorry that it took us long time to respond. If you have any question or concern please contact us anytime.

Paresha Desai

Reviewed 14 July 2008

The reviews had painted a pretty grim picture but we took a chance based on the most recent review. When we arrived today we were greeted with a smile and the comment that if we needed anything, to let them know. The entire hotel has been painted on the outside and does not look like the picture on the web. We got our keys and immediately went to the room. What a nice surprise there, the room smelled clean and fresh. Carpets are reasonably clean and the bed nice and soft with five pillows across the head of our king bed. The maintainance staff had the fridge out of the room cleaning it and brought it back in along with the microwave and clock. Every person said if we needed anything to please ask for it. My wife and I walked the five minutes to the beach and found that besides being covered in shells, it was very nice. Nothing other than the slight amount of paper and stuff you would expect to see. We are supposed to be here four days and I will let you know how it went when we get ready to check out. So far, so good.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TravellingAZTeacher
Desaifal, Owner at Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2009

We really appreciate taking your time and writing the review. I am glad that our staff was helpful. Your Comment help us do better job. Again we Really do appreciate your comments and I am glad you liked our hotel. We hope to see you in Future.

Reviewed 12 June 2008

My room was clean and the moment. I arrived the housekeeping crew told me if there was anything else I needed to let them know.The ac was cold water was hot for morning showers.The hotel staff were friendly and attentive. I had no problems at this hotel and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family