“I will never stay here again....”

Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #54 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Arlington, TX
“I will never stay here again....”
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We had at least one inch of water outside our room we had to walk in every day from the AC. The railing was loose on second floor. The railing at the pool was very loose. No hot water. We were 4 guests in our room and never had more than 3 bath towels. Guess you get what you pay for....cheapest in town. I really do not understand how this could be a Day"s Inn. Place looked good from outside.....but was really run down inside. The area was also very run down. Not sure why Corpus Christi does not keep up this area....Hot tub did not work....water was very dirty..don't go into hot tub.....Mosquitoes were as big as horse flies and attached in large numbers....they should spray often. They would attach us when in the swimming pool.....You would be better off staying dowmtown and drive to beach in Padre....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sitrucArlington_TX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Unless you are a college kid or a bunch of guys down at the beach for a bachelor party, DO NOT STAY HERE. It was the WORST motel (stress the word MOTEL) that I have ever stayed in. The ONLY benefit is the location. The sheets were stained and so were the shower curtains. The pictures were hung askew. The bathtub was cracked and looked 20 yrs old. There was no light. I did not feel safe there and I definitely felt dirty. If you are at all discriminating...do not stay here. Disgusting. (Service was awful as well).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KelleyinAustin
Edmond, Ok
Reviewed 9 August 2009

This motel is dirty. When we arrived we could not check in until 3 p.m. and when we got in our room we pulled back the blankets and our sheets looked slept in, coffee pot was dirty, food in the microwave, dirty carpet, gap under the door, red stuff on air conditioner top (not sure what that was), old motel. It is on the beach but I would rather walk further or even drive to the beach than stay here. The only good thing was the pool, but I think this was to get folks to stay. There is nothing around to eat at except some little diners and Whataburger. We read the reviews and thought we would try anyway because of location, bad move. I am not a snob but do not like to stay in filth. Also, we paid to stay two nights, but left the second day and lost our 125.00.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mamacolburntwo
houston, tx
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I would have rather stayed in a tent sleeping on the hot beach than this hotel. Room was disgusting and felt like everything was dirty and unsanitary and we may be needing a penicillin shot. Pillow smelled like pee. Neighors in the hotel stayed up all hours of the night and walls are so thin that everything can be heard. Yes...everything. We reluctantly parked our car in the parking lot where people were walking around all hours of the night. The hotel staff said maybe two words when checking in and out and seemed to be unfriendly. Only plus was the distance to the beach but water had high bacteria levels so we were unable to enjoy the surf. I would not waste my money on this place ever again. Im still itching from the experience...literally.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dominotx
texas
Reviewed 3 July 2009

This hotel is a nice place. Many of the reviews on trip advisor are wrong. People like to write when they are mad and the mind is crazy with anger. Well my trip here was amazing. I mean the rooms are small but they are newly done. Also, the rate not bad for a beach property. You basically walk 500 yards and you are in the ocean. The hotel is away from everything so it makes it a nice place to relax and be at peace. This place is great for the price and its location is amazing. Many reviews for this hotel are stupid. I took a chance and went here and loved it and will come back when I get a day off from work. Come and check out this great place

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ronniej6987
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Reviewed 20 June 2009

My husband and I drove all the way to Corpus Christi from Mansfield, Texas. This Days Inn is a disgrace. The room was dirty, there were stains on the sheets, hair on the phone, and the bathroom looked like "who done it"!! We were there a total of 45 min. In that time we told the hotel manager, Raj, that it was filthy. He then offered to give us a room facing the beach. The place was a rat hole. I had to fight with them for an hour this morning just to get my refund!! This hotel is for the younger crowd that are just there to get drunk and lay on the beach. Even at that Corpus looks like a third world country. It was very depressing. It sure didnt look like Texas!!?? Never again will I make that trek again. What a waste, all the way around.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahrowland
Houston
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I am a frequent traveler and had collected some pts with the Wynham program. I did some research on this hotel, saw some very bad reviews but decided to take a chance. We are not picky travelers. I was told this Days Inn is close to the beach. I stayed in other Days Inn before and never had bad experiences. So I redeemed 2 nights at this motel. What a mistake! The room was tiny and dirty, bathroom was gross, there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We won't get housekeeping services until the afternoon. We walked to the beach and happened to see someone washing the towels and sheets in the laudry room in the back, (you can't believe how tiny / dirty their laundry room is) and she just laid everything on the floor. The pool area had a gasy smell. I think this hotel is family owned and housekeepers are general manager Paresha Desai's parents. They are too old to do this kind of work and no wonder the rooms are never cleaned.

All the above are torlerable, we are not picky travelers at all. We checked out around 10:30 in the morning and head back to Houston. Then when we got back to houston (around 2:00 in the afternoon) the manager Paresha Desai called me on my cell phone and told me she had to charge extra $50 on my credit card because their housekeepers claimed a blanket was missing. I was so mad!! Who would take a dirty blanket from such a shabby place. And that blanket sure doesn't worth $50!! They just trying to squeeze more money out of customers. If they checked the room right after we checked out we could drive back and look for it. We did locked the door when we checked out so I am sure no one else could walked in and took it. I think the housekeepers are just too old to find it. when they wash the sheets they may find it in the sheets somewhere in the laundry room because I am sure they will wash the blankets and the comforter for years.

All I can say is: DO NOT STAY THERE!! I can't believe she (Paresha Desai) had the guts to call me hours after we checked out and already charged $50 on my credit card. The way she talked to me and my husband was rude. I am hoping, hoping that if they did find the blanket she would call and apologize. How rude and disrespectful to Customers!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family