“Scootin' on Down to the Park”
Review of Cole Park

Cole Park
More attraction details
Owner description: City park that is a favorite of birdwatchers; home to egrets, herons, terns and other species.
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Scootin' on Down to the Park”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I recently took our 4 year old granddaughter on an outing to this park. We packed drinks, snacks and her scooter, and we were off. We started by parking above the playground area of the park across the street from the First Baptist Church on Ocean Drive. There is a very nice paved walkway that leads to the park area. There are a few points of interest between parking and playing, and our little one enjoyed the walk/scooter ride. There is a lot of downhill, so I often kept a tight hold of her scooter so she could not gain too much speed. There are also a couple of really big drop offs down to the beach/water, so I stressed to her the importance of staying on the sidewalk.

When we arrived at the playground area she didn't know which way to go. She wanted to walk down the pier over the bay, and she wanted to watch the skateboarders (at the skateboarding park), but the huge playground won out in the end. That child ran happily to and fro for two solid hours...completely wearing her grandparents out.

The only draw back for me (being an involuntary alarmist) is that the playground is so vast, and there are so many nooks and crannies to 'disappear' in I found myself not being able to sit down and relax, as I was not comfy unless I could see our girl at all times. That meant constant running back and forth. Also...it does get busy here, so if you like it quiet come early.

After playing hard on the playground we amused ourselves watching the skateboarders. The little one loved it!

The restrooms at this location are a bit odd, and I'm not crazy about them, but at least they are there and will do in a pinch.

Over all I do recommend the park. The kiddos have a great time while there...their smiles say it all.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Phoebe729

Sasebo, Japan
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Beautiful View of Corpus Christi Bay”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Located right on Corpus Christi Bay, Cole Park and the outdoor Cole Park Amphitheater have a great view benefitted by cooling breezes. The park itself consists of 43 acres with a large children's playground, picnic tables and a lighted fishing pier.

Cole Park has been a great favorite for school field trips. This is where we usually brought the kids to eat their sacked lunch and run off pent up energy whenever we were in the area.

During the summer months, the amphitheater hosts a free concert every Thursday at sunset. They also show a free movie every Friday night. There is plenty of grassy area, some of it sloped, to set up with blankets or lawn chairs and coolers.

There usually isn't enough parking for these events, so if you don't get there early, plan to park elsewhere and do some walking. Also, the bathrooms should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Visited June 2013
Aransas Pass, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Used to be better”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Wish they had kept the original structures. Hasn't been as appealing since they changed the playground but still and great place to play and enjoy the great Corpus Christi Bay views

1 Thank MoniJ315
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fresh Air and with a picnic would have been heaven!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Just went here Sunday with the kids. They just remodeled a while back so no more pebbles or mulch which is nice . Kids loved the playground we were there almost 3 hours and they didnt want to leave. Sat atop of a hill enjoyed the breeze and walked along the waterline too. If we had a picnic packed would have stayed longer :-(. I didnt want to leave either.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank adriana s
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bring some cheese”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Havent been since they re did it but it was a big and pretty cool playground. Just bring some cheese for the rats to feast on at night. It was pretty infested. Might be better now since they rebuilt

Visited February 2012