“Bird Watch!”

More attraction details
Owner description: Birders can watch gulls, black-necked stilts, American coots and numerous other birds from the boardwalks at this popular viewing site, considered one of the best waterbird viewing areas in the world.
Sinton, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bird Watch!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We went when we knew another group was there! It was fun to hear someone who knew more about bird watching than us! We saw a good amount of birds to make it fun for the kids!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CrystalFranco4

Painesville, Ohio
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Small park, meant for bird watchers”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The trail in the park is short, including the boardwalk. There are signs up throughout the park advertising you are being video recorded, but I didn't see any cameras. Looks like a small park that was saved for the bird migrations if you are a bird watcher. No bathrooms and only one informative display. No entrance fee.

Here are some websites that note the park:

Visited August 2012
5 Thank ShadowtheKitty
The Woodlands, Texas
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Not Watch You Would Expect”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Hans and Pat Suter Wildlife Refuge!

All of the reviews here give this place huge thumbs up, but you have to consider several things. Firstly, it is a HIGH CRIME area- on the morning of Sunday July 22 there was shattered glass covering two different parking spaces. It has a boardwalk that leads from a short path going from the parking area right out to the sand of Oso Bay- it isn't long- you can do it in hardly 7 minutes. If you are going to watch birds- bring binoculars and bring mosquito repellent or you will be eaten alive.

I gave it a low review as I don't like to be lied to- I met a local in the parking lot and he was the victim of a car theft a month ago- he stated that when he asked the police about looking at the video since the signs state the area is under the watch of surveillance cameras- the police laughed. I hope the powers involved here know that it has been established in Texas from past litigation that if an attack should transpire/rape etc- the victim can sue as the fact that stating the area is under 'video surveillance' establishes a reasonable exception of security.

The local (Edgar) enjoys the trail as he lives 1/2 mile away, but now he said he never knows what to expect when he gets back to the car. There are no cameras looking at the parking lot or the trail leading to the boardwalk-DON'T trust the signs says so. I would also say that I felt this park wasn't even half as good as say East End Park in Kingwood. So much is made of this area that quite frankly even the local (Edgar) said he gets a laugh out of all the equipment the bird watchers bring. That doesn't bother me- if you love something- ENJOY IT.

Hey- If spending a day watching birds and checking on your car constantly is the thing for you- Suter is free.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Bladerunnernyc
Corpus Christi, Texas
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Hans Suter Suits Us”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The Hans Suter WIldlife Area is great! It is really a lovely park, and we have been frequenting it for over 15 years. It was a favorite for our own kids, and now our granddaughter is simply wild about it. She calls it the 'Lizard Park', and asks to go frequently. She loves everything about the location; from the playground to the walking trail to the pier for birdwatching (which is great). Over the years we have enjoyed bringing picnics along for this outing. There are a few picnic tables at either end of the park, and a couple of grills thrown in for good measure.

There are, however, a few pitfalls with this location. One time I was parked next to a car that had been vandalized during the day. The folks who owned the car were visibly upset (naturally). I had heard stories about that kind of thing happening there from time to time. The woman admitted to leaving her purse locked up, but in plain view. I never let it stop me from going back. There are also intimate rendezvous going on in 'the woods' during later hours, so I highly recommend patronizing during family hours. I believe surveillance cameras have been put in now, too. Also... I wish there was a rest room facility there. One unisex stall with a lavatory would suffice...but if installed you risk people trashing it out (and they will), so I can see why one has not been put in.

All in all it is a great place. You can park at either end of the park (the pier side or the playground side) and the walking trail gives you access to the opposite side.

Visited July 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hans Suter Park”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

They've recently made some upgrades. Be careful at this park.. I've had my van broken into. I've heard theirs been assaults. Part of the trail is in the wooded area. I take my german shepard when I go. Park advertises they have 24 hour survalliance. It's a lovely area. I'm not a bird watching person. I go for the walk. You can see some nice bird species though. I've seen people with fancy cameras there.

Visited June 2012