“Good Food, Beautiful Sunset”

Doc's Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casual waterfront restaurant featuring Seafood and Steak specialties served alongside cool drinks on a breezy dockside patio. Come out for the food, stay for the FREE SUNSET!
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We came here twice during a recent trip to the island & brought the other family with us who came along on our trip.
Our first time was very good. We all enjoyed our meal as well as the sunset & the dolphin playing out in the water. Our server was friendly & also very knowledgable & helpful in suggesting where we buy bait for our fishing trips. We could tell she really enjoyed her job & was a people person. I also bought a jar of the SunCoastSalts salt scrub. Love it. They have some for you to try in the restroom.
Our second visit, the food was also very good. The service this time was not. I'm not sure why, but we seemed to have made our server unhappy with us. When we were ordering, we asked for 2 separate checks, & I also asked for one of the meals I ordered to be to go & brought out toward the end of our meal. She gave the impression that she didn't like that. Again, not sure why. When she brought out our food, she also brought the to go order & asked me where I wanted her to put it. ??? Remember, I had asked that she please bring it at the end of our meal. Well, I wasn't about to send it back, & since we had just gotten our food, there was no room on the table. I wasn't going to put it on my lap while I was eating, so the only place left was the FLOOR! At least the food container was inside a to go bag. While we were eating, I noticed our server waiting on the table across from us-just as large a party & being very friendly & animated. So again, I'm very curious as to why she chose to be so negative with us. The other couple in our party noticed as well, & the husband told me later that he "talked with his tip". I was sorry that our second visit to this place left a bad impression, because the food is good, & the sunsets are beautiful.

There are newer reviews for Doc's Seafood & Steak Restaurant

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

If you want to enjoy the sunset while having a drink or dinner, this is the place to be. It offers a wide range of local specialties at a fair price and live music.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I thought I was going to have a pleasant experience since I am really easy going. Instead I sat at my table for 10 minutes before I got acknowledged. And that's because I complained. Chase was a horrible server but the food was ok and filling. He never redeemed his service but food came out quick (by someone else) and the bill was quick. Um I recommend eating there once then find a different spot next time.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Had crab guacamole, bacon wrapped shrimp, peel n eat shrimp and seafood salad as appetizers. All were wonderful. Main entrees seafood Alfredo and crab stuffed flounder, both were wonderfully prepared. Good service to boot.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stopped here for lunch on Monday the 12th and had a great welcoming with dolphins playing just off the back porch in the bay behind We asked and were seated outside on the deck, Lindsay our waitress took our orders promptly and we enjoyed the view of the channel/bay and fishermen. We were given a loaf of crusty bread/butter to munch and I ordered a pound of peel and eat shrimp which were cooked perfected and a very nice size. We also had the redfish tacos that were wonderfully seasoned and not totally drowning in slaw! The menu did offer a variety of fried seafood as well as broiled and blackened options. There were several specials of fresh catch items to choose from in addition to the regular items. We will definitely head this way again!!!

1  Thank trishtci