“Various errors!!!”

Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
New Orleans
“Various errors!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

So, to start off with the good....the hotel seems newer and my room was clean I think....there was a big pink stain on the carpet like someone before me had dropped soda or something on the rug and I enjoyed the breakfast the two days I spent.

However, the room was average temp, which is a problem because I sleep with it on cold ( like 66 cold) so I set the temp to 65.But it never got colder than 7. Or 74 Also, I called multiple times before I got to the hotel because I had 80 in coupons from a various bad experience I had at another choice hotel chain. I didn't want there to be any confusion. I told the hotel how many I was spending, the coupons I had and I was told a certain total over the phone and when I got there it was 20 more. 20 may not seem like a big deal but when you budget for a certain price it is a big deal. Additionally, you feel like people are lying to you when the numbers change.

Lastly, the bed is not that comfortable. I slept but I see definitely wouldn't say I slept like a baby. Bed comfort gets a 2.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
LITTLETON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very restful! No scenic view, but a nice little balcony to look out on the surrounds. Carpet is plush and the beds are really comfy. Well appointed rooms and a well cared for facility. The breakfast was the usual selection one hot egg-meat or biscuit & gravy dish plus cold cereals, yogurt, instant oatmeal, hard-cooked eggs, breads, juice, coffee or tea. Fruit selection is always the weakest and this was not exception.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Warren, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel, the front desk staff member that check us in was very helpful and even allowed us to check in a few hours early. However the housekeeping staff was not quite as congenial. The location is good and within a short distance of many restaurants and shopping centers.

Room Tip: It is possible to exit the hotel via a back gate which allows easier access to the south bound freew...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Spring Branch, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

My two stays there have been wonderful. The rooms were nice with lots of amenities to boot. I have always found the room clean and well maintained with the added comfort of being very quiet although it is off a well traveled freeway that makes all of Corpus convenient and accessible. To say I loved my stays there is an understatement since I have found the staff to also be friendly, concerned, with lots of smiles to make one feel welcome!

Room Tip: Both rooms I have stayed in were excellent and parking is abundant.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Maumee, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Nice over all. Was bitten by something in bed the 2nd of our 3 night stay. Mentioned to the desk clerk and they apologized and said they would notify the housekeeping staff. Had them change the sheets that day. My husband searched the room before we went to bed the next night- found a baby bottle nestled between the bed and wall. Also found 3 insects- no bed bugs....just some small insects- no two the same.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

The hotel is well maintained and clean. The only complaint we had was the room was kind of small. we had a single double bed. Not sure the size of the rooms with king beds. The hotel was booked but we did not hear any noise. We slept really well. The neighborhood around the hotel appears safe. There arent many restaurants or much anything over there for that matter

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank trghpu1994
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is clean , quiet and very convenient. They serve free breakfast in the money which is denfinitely worth it to take advantage to save money especially with the kids. Comfortable beds and plenty of little extra amenities in room like refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker ,tea, toiletries and they even provide the paper at the front desk for free in the mornings.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator , thats the down side ,there are 2 stairwells at each end of building whi...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family