“Two thumbs up!”

Comfort Suites Central
Ranked #40 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff!! A problem with our car rental required a last minute, late evening hotel stay. This property provided transportation from the airport and worked with my different memberships to get me a reasonable rate. They also granted us a late checkout, which we appreciately greatly!

Delicious hot breakfast included waffles, eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, choice of juices and more. Nice pool with hot tub, and fitness room was well equipped.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds and quality toiletries. And a convenience store, Burger King and Whataburger within walking distance, hooray!

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Central

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the Corpus area and this one is by far my favorite one, the beds are extremely comfortable and well kept, the rooms are well appointed with large modern flat panel TVs and it's just a short drive to most of Corpus Christi's restruants and attractions. When I'm in the area this where I stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I expected this hotel to be worthy of a 4.3 rating at the time I booked it, but I was very disappointed. The good: staff was nice and they were able to find a room at 12PM, 3 hours before the scheduled check-in time. The bad: the room was just OK, the AC unit didn't cool too well (glad it wasn't June!), the carpet had several black stains and the room lacked attention, the bed sheets were torn in several places, wallpaper ripped...it was surface clean, not clean clean and was in disrepair. The pool area was shabby and the jacuzzi had a disgusting yellow color! The hotel is lacking in attention, seems to get only a minimum amount of maintenance and is in need of work. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelerZo
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We spend a couple nights in this place. It was very nice. Staff was very helpful. You can visit many places in the area while staying there. The weather was very nice. The hotel is close to freeway exit which makes it very accessible. I will stay in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaime N
Reviewed 27 January 2013

So, to start off with the good....the hotel seems newer and my room was clean I think....there was a big pink stain on the carpet like someone before me had dropped soda or something on the rug and I enjoyed the breakfast the two days I spent.

However, the room was average temp, which is a problem because I sleep with it on cold ( like 66 cold) so I set the temp to 65.But it never got colder than 7. Or 74 Also, I called multiple times before I got to the hotel because I had 80 in coupons from a various bad experience I had at another choice hotel chain. I didn't want there to be any confusion. I told the hotel how many I was spending, the coupons I had and I was told a certain total over the phone and when I got there it was 20 more. 20 may not seem like a big deal but when you budget for a certain price it is a big deal. Additionally, you feel like people are lying to you when the numbers change.

Lastly, the bed is not that comfortable. I slept but I see definitely wouldn't say I slept like a baby. Bed comfort gets a 2.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very restful! No scenic view, but a nice little balcony to look out on the surrounds. Carpet is plush and the beds are really comfy. Well appointed rooms and a well cared for facility. The breakfast was the usual selection one hot egg-meat or biscuit & gravy dish plus cold cereals, yogurt, instant oatmeal, hard-cooked eggs, breads, juice, coffee or tea. Fruit selection is always the weakest and this was not exception.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel, the front desk staff member that check us in was very helpful and even allowed us to check in a few hours early. However the housekeeping staff was not quite as congenial. The location is good and within a short distance of many restaurants and shopping centers.

Room Tip: It is possible to exit the hotel via a back gate which allows easier access to the south bound freew...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business