“A Super Smokehouse”

Ranked #71 of 690 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“A Super Smokehouse”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were looking for a great Smoke House / Pit BBQ whilst in Corpus Christi and we happened upon Silverados. Not quite what we expected as it was a canteen style servery. BUT, that aside, what great food at reasonable prices. If you like Beef Rib, then the ones I had (one massive one, actually) was superb. Sadly my eyes were bigger than my belly and I went for some Pork ribs as well..........No way could i fit more than a mouthful in...! The restaurant isn't a sit down and be served restaurant, but don't let that put you off. The food is great and there are a couple of servers in the background that check on you regularly. Now, on to the servers....All a great bunch, but if you do go on our recommendation, and you see John, say hi from us. A thoroughly nice chap who makes your meal a special one.

• Visited April 2014

Springfield, Ohio
“Really good BBQ in Corpus Christi”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Referred by an antique shop owner, or we never would have found this place, kind of back from the road. Excellent BBQ, carved in front of you,served cafeteria style. Great selection of sides, and to top it off, a free ice cream cone.

• Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“BBQ Just doesn't get any better”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Today (Wed., Mar 5), my wife and I visited the Silverado SmokeHouse. This was our third visit over the past several years. As I've indicated in previous reviews, this is a definite stop in our visits to Corpus Christi and this visit was perhaps the best of our three.

I had a pork rib/brisket combo plate with slaw and potato salad. The ribs were very juicy and the meat extremely tender. And there was a lot of meat on those ribs. The brisket was very juicy and so tender that it was hard to pick up with the fork - it kept breaking apart. That was some of the best ribs and beef, I've ever had. And the slaw was fantastic as was the potato salad.

My wife had the pork ribs with spinach and sweet potatoes. She said the spinach was wonderful, in fact she wished she had gone back for a second helping. Likewise, she loved the sweet potatoes.

I was very tempted to get their beef ribs. The size of the meat on the ribs reminded me of the huge ribs offered by Coopers BBQ in Llano, TX.

The staff was extremely pleasant and stood ready to remove any and all dishes from our table as we finished with them and to refill our glasses of tea. However, we did not feel rushed to leave.

The prices were very reasonable given the high quality of the food. I've paid more for less in other establishments. I had no regrets in paying for our food today.

If you love BBQ, don't pass up on visiting the Silverado SmokeHouse.

I have entered its location into my GPS and we will definitely revisit there upon our return to Corpus Christi.

• Visited March 2014
“RIBS!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Tried this based on TA reviews and was not disappointed. Pork rib meat fell off the bone. Sides were hot and tasty. Sauce a little sweet for my taste. Will go back!

michigan
“outstanding beef ribs and many sides”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The beef and pork ribs were excellent. We enjoy the large selection of sides. The cornbread stuffing and green beans were tasty. The salad is fresh crisp greens and homemade blue cheese dressing.
Very good....much better then many other BBQ in the city.

Visited January 2014