“A great place !”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 28 June 2013

A nice place to stay ! Staff is A+ ! Really enjoyed the hot breakfast each morning before heading out to work .Rooms are very spacious and clean ..The kitchen area with a refrigerator is a plus when returning late at night .Will stay here again when i come back to Corpus !

Reviewed 27 June 2013

When you stay at a hotel for a month or more, friendly and profession staff are a must and this fits the bill, from the always attentive Director of Sales to the front desk and cleaning staff. Everyone is friendly and very helpfull with local information. Although the area is a primary tourist stop it is almost always quiet and most of the tourist are gone during the week or at the beach. Food at breakfast and the afternoon social is good on a short time basis, but after a month variety would be nice. Obviously a corporate menu but a little variety with local influence would be nice. I travel all over the country and for a long term stay this is definietly a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was here for 2 nights and had to move. Looks beautiful, nice kitchen in room but two things happened: 1) no hot water 2 days in a row, none at all. first day I was told it was hotel-wide and the engineer was working on it, day 2 I was told they'd have an engineer check. 2) there is a strong sweet chemical type of smell - overpowering - by day 2 I woke up with a sinus headache feeling sick, left for my workday and came back and got even worse...I moved out to the Radisson and now feel fine. Management was nice enough to let me leave early that evening without charging me for the day but nonetheless I expect more for nearly $200 a night. I saw one other person wrote about a weird smell, I should have heeded the review. Be forewarned.

1  Thank divadonna
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear divadonna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our sincere apology for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us. Rest assured, your valuable comments are noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 June 2013

A friend told me about the Stay-bridge in Corpus Christi,Tx. I'm glad I tried it.The property is clean and very sufficient. The lobby, hallways and the rooms. A big plus for the kitchen. The dish-ware, pots and pans awesome. I won't cook in a dirty kitchen. The staff was very prompt and helpful. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I had a one queen studio. This is the downfall. The mattresses is not good, a sink in the middle of bed. Pull out sofa is bad to sit on. A sink in the middle. The rooms facing the Westside is warm. Even with the heavy drapes pull closed still warm. Room stared to cool down about 8 pm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on north or south side of hotel.One guest stated there room was cool to her. She was...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Last week we stayed in the Staybridge Suites based upon trip advisor reviews. We have stayed in this hotel chain in many different cities and have always enjoyed our stay.

In Corpus Christi the rooms as a whole are smaller than any other Staybridge suite we have stayed in; especially the bedroom/bathroom are very hard to move around in. We had the room with 2 queen beds and there was no place to put the luggage and zero walking space.

The beds are comfortable and the air conditioner kept the room really cool which is a plus. If you are wanting to spend time on the internet, give up here! We could never find a connection on our lap top or I-pad. When we did get on it was soooo slow! It is free, but if you can't ever get on it, what is the point???

The breakfast was similar to other Staybridge Suites, but not as creative. The eggs were the same each morning and I never saw any hash brown potatoes like the other Staybridge Suites.

It is a great location if you want to shop, as the mall. Marshalls, Steinmart, and World Market are all very close. The Cracker Barrel restaurant is within walking distance.

The parking lot is well lit. The room was very clean.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. No problem there. So, to wrap it up if you want to be on the internet or if there are two of you sharing a room, you might want to reconsider.

Room Tip: Hotel seems to be quite because it is far enough away from the freeway. We faced the Holiday Inn and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel room very clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. At the same time, I am very sorry to hear that the One Bedroom Suite size and Internet were not what you had expected. The internet issue has been rectified, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Also, in the future, I would suggest a Two Bedroom suite which is much larger in size and would be better suited to your needs.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Charlie Bhakta

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have been staying here for over a month now without a hitch. It is the little things that make the Staybridge a great place to stay. I could have stayed closer to where I am working, but when you take in all the extras Staybridge has to offer it makes sense to drive the extra mileage.
A pleasant staff, hot coffee in the mornings (I leave early so cherish the coffee), free guest laundry, are just a few item that make the stay away from home much better.
The hotels wired connection to the internet for has yet to fail me. Also a nice work area to set up makes working on the road better. I am using the wired connections for downloading large files. The wireless also works well.
The hotel is far enough away off a major highway so that the noise is not a problem, but close enough so that getting around town is a snap.
I have found that anything I need from groceries, office supplies ,restaurants are within 2 miles of the hotel. The fridge has an ice maker so no trips down the hall. The kitchen has enough utensils so as making a small meal not a problem. The dishwasher makes cleaning up is easy.
Would I recommend the hotel? Yes
Would I say here again? Yes

1  Thank Airphoto
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Well I want to start off by saying this is a very nice, clean hotel. We got the queen studio I believe and I loved everything about it until it was time to relax and go to sleep. The room seemed a little warm so I checked the thermostat and it was at 72°, but the room reading was 75°. Even my 3 year old was saying it was hot and she was sweating. So I lowered it to 70° and waited about 20 minutes and checked the room temp and it was now at 76°. Then I moved it to 67° and left it and tried to fall asleep. Forget it! Everyone woke up sweating and I had only been able to sleep about 30 minutes so I called downstairs to ask for a fan which thesy did bring me one at about 2 in the morning. Then at about 10am someone showed up to look at the AC and he said the compressor wasn't kicking on and he fix it tomorrow. Sad thing was we wouldn't be here the next day so we had to sleep with just a fan and the AC blowing just air for our 2 night stay. I slept about 4 hours total our first night. I hope I get a better nights sleep tonight cause I am exhausted. All anyone told me was "Sorry", but sorry doesn't help us feel or sleep comfortably. If I do ever stay again I think I will ask them to check the AC in all the rooms first. This is not the 10 year anniversary vacation I wanted/expected. They never even offered to move us to another room with a working AC. All they offered was fans. Can you imagine? Other than this, everything else was great.

• Stayed: June 2013
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us at the Staybridge Suites. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel very nice and clean.

My apologies for the disappointment for the AC malfunction, I assure you that every comment is taken seriously. Our purpose is to provide the best customer service that we possibly can, and I guarantee that the service you experienced is not typical of our team.

Our maintenance team did investigate the AC issue after your stay and has resolved it. We hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area.

Charlie Bhakta