“Home away from home”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #14 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was so nice to arrive to such a warm welcome at 9pm after a long day of travel. The room itself was large and clean. The beds were so comfortable and I do like how there were 4 pillows per bed. Breakfast was very good each day. You could choose from a hot breakfast that varied each day or cereal, yogurts, milk, fresh fruit, muffins, bread, bagels and make your own Texas shaped waffles. I am sure I am forgetting some items. Monday through Thursday they offer a buffet dinner. It was nice added bonus one night was a complimentary massage for 10 minutes. A good location by restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DasRaven

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Talk about a quiet room. We were at the end of a hall and then off in a side nook. No shutting door sounds, no elevator noise, no people noise, no exterior noise, no A/C noise...zip. Bed and pillows were great. Nice to have a full size fridge in the room.

My only minor complaints...The layout of the room was a little strange...tv was on the dresser near the wall but in the middle of the room so you could see it from the bed or the couch (located on opposite sides). The tv wouldn't rotate far enough to look at it straight on from either place. (It was good enough for me though.) My only other small gripe was that the towels weren't very soft and kind of bumpy. Big deal...not.

Breakfast was hot and free and included eggs, sausage, bacon (must have been simulated bacon), some fresh fruit, waffles, milk, fountain drinks, plenty of different coffees, and some other stuff I'm sure I can't remember. Overall, it was more than you would expect at almost any other hotel.

Location was good, about two normal size blocks away from the highway and fairly close to Cracker Barrel and Outback. Although if you want a different place to eat, there are plenty to choose from in the area.

Price was a little more than I normally pay when I travel for fun, but after reading the reviews of the other Corpus hotels (almost all cheaper but a few about the same price), I decided I'd pay a little more to stay here. I'm glad I did and would do it again.

This is a great hotel and if you're coming to Corpus to relax, look no further. You've found the right place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank William W
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in Staybridge Suites before but this has been by far the best one yet. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and it made for a great nights sleep. The breakfasts are the best with many choices from cold cereal to a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage or bacon and a waffle. There are many kinds of muffins and breads. We absolutely enjoyed staying here and will stay again on return getaways.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at the Staybridge based on tripadvisor reviews. I had considered staying at the Omni but changed after reading the reviews. I do think the Omni is a better location as it's close to the beach. The Staybridge had the best smelling rooms I've ever stayed in-nothing overpowering, just very clean smelling. They serve food Mon. through Thurs. but we didn't eat there. We did get back to the hotel before happy hour (or whatever they call it) was over and enjoyed free beer and wine. Breakfast was great! Eggs, bacon, all kinds of breads, tray of various cheeses, oatmeal,cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, really yummy fresh fruit, cottage cheese and the makings for breakfast tacos. It was one of the best breakfasts I've had at a hotel. I cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 26 February 2014

You know how Alaskan natives have eleven different words for love? Yeah well that's how I feel about Staybridge Suites in Corpus Christi. First of all the hotel is clean, noticeably. I walked in (late night check in) to a friendly front desk employee and the heavenly scent of clean laundry and fresh popcorn (wafting from the theater room). Check-in took all but a second and before I knew it we were on a tour of the facility with the incredibly amazing manager on duty- Clarissa Benevidez. You want amenities? Staybridge has 'em. I'm talking half-court basketball court, pool, hot tub, grilling patio, fire pit lounge area, dog friendly grassy knoll and that's just the outdoors. There was the comfortable living room-style lobby (which I frequented in my tasteful jammies) the low-key theater room where they show movies and serve complimentary refreshments certain nights of the week, a complete fitness room, laundry room and business office stacked with current issues of Sports Illustrated (finally a hotel that gets it). I stayed in a studio style room which was larger than an apartment I lived in for a year in college. The WiFi was free in the room as was the On Demand (can you say binge TV watching) and to top it all off, the flat screen swiveled to face the bed or the couch- yeah I know! And because I happened to be staying on Valentine's Day every guest received handmade, gourmet chocolate covered strawberries because Staybridge cares like that.

Needless to say I slept like a baby, woke up refreshed and hurried down to the complimentary breakfast of which I had literally everything. Bagel with cream cheese, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, apple juice, orange juice, coffee and a Texas shaped belgium waffle ("Texas Forever"). Finally came check out which was bitter sweet and ended almost too quickly for all the great times Staybridge and I had. However I know now, I've found a home away from home at Staybridge.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more removed from the hustle of the lobby
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Alexis D
Reviewed 15 February 2014

For our first trip to Corpus Christi we went with the high TripAdvisor rating. Staybridge Corpus Christi has earned it. It is an exceptionally nice place with extra touches every where you look. The location is convenient and centrally located, the check-in was fast, friendly and effecient and the it just looks nice. Wood panels along the first floor hall cooridors. Comfortable easy chair seating with a big screen TV near the lobby. A very nice patio area near the pool with two gas grills. It is obviously a favorite of business travelers on an extended stay. The complimentary hot breakfast changes daily and is quite good. So is the weeknite evening Social, what a value! We even got a chocolate dipped strawberry for Valentine's Day when we checked out. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John&Mickey
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Corpus this past January. He had a job interview and I wanted to visit the city. This hotel is very nice. It's close to the highway which is convenient but it was not noisy. It's new and clean. We had a queen bed room. It had a sofa, a desk area, a kitchenette and a full size refrigerator. The room was clean and spacious.The staff was super helpful. They gave us recommendations for restaurants and places to visit. Chris at the front desk gave us a map of the area and pointed out the beach areas and the ocean drive, which was very helpful since we had not printed one ahead of time. We drove most of the town and surrounding areas in an afternoon. The continental breakfast was good. If you like waffles, here you can eat them in the shape of the state of Texas. Overall it was a really good experience.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business