“Great Place to Stay!!!”

Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Victoria, Texas
“Great Place to Stay!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I enjoyed staying here after a long Day at work. The Front Desk attendant was great. I loved being able to text to the front desk any questions I had. The Social drinks and food was great. The breakfast had a lot of options.. First Night I had a double room suite and it was great and quiet. I will be back to stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed in one of the suites for one night and it was a wonderful space which actually felt like a home away from home. Everything was very clean. The outdoor space was enjoyable as well. This may not be categorized as a four or five star hotel, but it was certainly conducive to what I needed for rest and relaxation. Thank you to the front desk staff! She was extremely kind!

Room Tip: Take your favorite DVD's if you come here to relax. Loved having the DVD player in the room. I...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was so nice to arrive to such a warm welcome at 9pm after a long day of travel. The room itself was large and clean. The beds were so comfortable and I do like how there were 4 pillows per bed. Breakfast was very good each day. You could choose from a hot breakfast that varied each day or cereal, yogurts, milk, fresh fruit, muffins, bread, bagels and make your own Texas shaped waffles. I am sure I am forgetting some items. Monday through Thursday they offer a buffet dinner. It was nice added bonus one night was a complimentary massage for 10 minutes. A good location by restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DasRaven
Manvel, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Talk about a quiet room. We were at the end of a hall and then off in a side nook. No shutting door sounds, no elevator noise, no people noise, no exterior noise, no A/C noise...zip. Bed and pillows were great. Nice to have a full size fridge in the room.

My only minor complaints...The layout of the room was a little strange...tv was on the dresser near the wall but in the middle of the room so you could see it from the bed or the couch (located on opposite sides). The tv wouldn't rotate far enough to look at it straight on from either place. (It was good enough for me though.) My only other small gripe was that the towels weren't very soft and kind of bumpy. Big deal...not.

Breakfast was hot and free and included eggs, sausage, bacon (must have been simulated bacon), some fresh fruit, waffles, milk, fountain drinks, plenty of different coffees, and some other stuff I'm sure I can't remember. Overall, it was more than you would expect at almost any other hotel.

Location was good, about two normal size blocks away from the highway and fairly close to Cracker Barrel and Outback. Although if you want a different place to eat, there are plenty to choose from in the area.

Price was a little more than I normally pay when I travel for fun, but after reading the reviews of the other Corpus hotels (almost all cheaper but a few about the same price), I decided I'd pay a little more to stay here. I'm glad I did and would do it again.

This is a great hotel and if you're coming to Corpus to relax, look no further. You've found the right place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank William W
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in Staybridge Suites before but this has been by far the best one yet. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and it made for a great nights sleep. The breakfasts are the best with many choices from cold cereal to a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage or bacon and a waffle. There are many kinds of muffins and breads. We absolutely enjoyed staying here and will stay again on return getaways.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at the Staybridge based on tripadvisor reviews. I had considered staying at the Omni but changed after reading the reviews. I do think the Omni is a better location as it's close to the beach. The Staybridge had the best smelling rooms I've ever stayed in-nothing overpowering, just very clean smelling. They serve food Mon. through Thurs. but we didn't eat there. We did get back to the hotel before happy hour (or whatever they call it) was over and enjoyed free beer and wine. Breakfast was great! Eggs, bacon, all kinds of breads, tray of various cheeses, oatmeal,cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, really yummy fresh fruit, cottage cheese and the makings for breakfast tacos. It was one of the best breakfasts I've had at a hotel. I cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy H
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed 26 February 2014

You know how Alaskan natives have eleven different words for love? Yeah well that's how I feel about Staybridge Suites in Corpus Christi. First of all the hotel is clean, noticeably. I walked in (late night check in) to a friendly front desk employee and the heavenly scent of clean laundry and fresh popcorn (wafting from the theater room). Check-in took all but a second and before I knew it we were on a tour of the facility with the incredibly amazing manager on duty- Clarissa Benevidez. You want amenities? Staybridge has 'em. I'm talking half-court basketball court, pool, hot tub, grilling patio, fire pit lounge area, dog friendly grassy knoll and that's just the outdoors. There was the comfortable living room-style lobby (which I frequented in my tasteful jammies) the low-key theater room where they show movies and serve complimentary refreshments certain nights of the week, a complete fitness room, laundry room and business office stacked with current issues of Sports Illustrated (finally a hotel that gets it). I stayed in a studio style room which was larger than an apartment I lived in for a year in college. The WiFi was free in the room as was the On Demand (can you say binge TV watching) and to top it all off, the flat screen swiveled to face the bed or the couch- yeah I know! And because I happened to be staying on Valentine's Day every guest received handmade, gourmet chocolate covered strawberries because Staybridge cares like that.

Needless to say I slept like a baby, woke up refreshed and hurried down to the complimentary breakfast of which I had literally everything. Bagel with cream cheese, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, apple juice, orange juice, coffee and a Texas shaped belgium waffle ("Texas Forever"). Finally came check out which was bitter sweet and ended almost too quickly for all the great times Staybridge and I had. However I know now, I've found a home away from home at Staybridge.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more removed from the hustle of the lobby
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo