“Wonderful day or evening cruise on Sailboat”

Yachting Center of Corpus Christi
Reviewed 8 April 2013

On Easter Weekend, we went to Corpus Christi to visit the Aquarium, etc, and noticed online that you could rent a sailboat (and a captain) and sail in the Bay, so we called at 10:30 AM and one hour later were sailing with Captain Ron (actually captain Monte) who delighted us with lessons and a wonderful blue sky breezy sail out into Corpus Christi Bay where we saw the USS Lexington, and the City Skyline in the distance. It was a wonderful experience - $50 per person and more than likely you will have the boat to yourself. Much more fun than the state Aquarium, although that was nice, too. Our boys were like "what? we are going sailing? can I take my video games?" But they were both loving it when we were done and now want a sail boat! Great family fun. You can book an evening "sunset cruise" as well... but being early spring, we went for the warmer midday trip and it was perfect!

13  Thank Mark K

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We went to a birthday party and the place is romantic and the service was great. We had the best food ever!

Reviewed 16 August 2010

There are many downsides to this tour. First of all, there are only 2 picnic tables on board to sit for 40+ people. Most must stand for the entire hour. If you stand, you block the Captain's view and he is none too kind when telling you about it. There are no refreshments on board even for 100 degree weather. Lastly, you only cruise around the docks and out to the Lexington which are things you can see from the shore and you can forget about seeing any dolphins!

7  Thank none4
Reviewed 20 January 2010

We went on the 2-hour sailing cruise and had a great time. Our captain was Monty and the crew was Lisa. They were happy to answer our questions about sailing and Corpus Christi and we would definitely sail with them again. We had some dolphins come swim by the boat and that was an unexpected bonus. The boat has a bathroom downstairs (and table, couch, & kitchenette). You can bring food and drinks (including alcohol) on board if you want. I was glad that I took a hat because it was so windy. You can pay with credit card but I would bring some cash to tip the crew (10-20%). Also, you're not supposed to wear shoes with black soles. They have kayak rentals and 8 hour private boat rentals as well.

2  Thank kugrad02
Reviewed 30 May 2009

My family and I were looking forward to booking a dinner cruise with Yachting Center of Corpus Christi. We called Sunday and they were not open (kind of strange for a tourist town/activity). We did not recieve a call back Monday so we called back. They said they didn't have any other people booked on the cruise for that night but if others were interested they would call us back to book us bcs they needed a minimum of 4 people (we were 3). After approximatley 4hrs, we decided to call them to see if anyone was interested.
We were told "Oh, I am sorry but I looked at the wrong date when you called and actually we are sold out tonight." Would have been nice if she would have called us back to let us know so we could arrange for other arrangements. I was very disappointed in the customer service and incompetence. Not a good way to run a business.

8  Thank shapril