“Clean your rooms better”
Review of Monterrey Motel

Monterrey Motel
and 1 more site!
Monterrey Motel
Ranked #47 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Great location..I understand it is a older motel but when I pay over a 130 dollars a night for a room I do expect for it to be clean. One..the bathroom door was nasty takes a couple of mins to wipe it down. next the shower curtain had old back mildew on it. Really you can replace them cheap. Then at night when I got up there were roaches out and about. You also should think about getting new mattresses because the one in the room I was in must have been there for a long time.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Peanut3398

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Well its true u get what you pay for! The only positive thing I could say about this motel is the location. The odor in the room was horrendous! Smell did not go away even with half a bottle of my best perfume! Carpet was nasty! Roaches in the bathroom! Comforter was smelly and soiled! I will definitely shell out a few more dollars next visit to the island and stay in a pricier hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank yvettevigil
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I been here a couple of times and I have to say when I first came here it was funny cause the rooms needed work,and while my son was taking a bath the whole handle came off and my son was yelling in there cause he couldn't stop the water,but I have to say these people are very nice,and they have put work into this place to make it better,and I have recommended it to my other family members and they have stayed there also.great location,and great people is all I need , both are here. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2010
5  Thank Highroller849
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Walked in to the room and there was a giant cockroach chilling on the wall. Huge. Room was about 150 degrees. Pulled back the comforter and more cockroaches. Don't look under the bed. Strange woman in the parking lot that resembled a hooker. Window drapes that could have been burlap. Jason vorhees prison toilet. Relax, kick off your shoes...err, well keep them on in the shower. Lock your door and keep an eye out for Richard Ramirez.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank aj2795
monterreymotel, Manager at Monterrey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2010

Hello,

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our place of business. If you will email me at your leisure at monterreymotel@gmail.com, I hope we can help make things right. Again, I apologize for this occurance and we will do our best to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you for your time.

Tanvi Patel
Manager
monterreymotel@gmail.com

Reviewed 23 June 2010

This motel is in a great location right beside beach access. It is definitely an older motel that could use a little TLC. The carpet is older so it smells very musty in there. The owners are very friendly and willing to help. If you're looking for a cheap motel with a great location, without all of the frills...this is your place. They do have rooms with small refrigerators and microwaves.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2009

this is my 3rd trip to corpus christi, this summer and i absolutely love this town. we stayed at holiday inn on emerald beach the other times. this hotel is about fifty dollars cheaper a night and we had two queen size beds. the room was extra roomy. the clerk was charming. you are minutes away from padre island national seashore. what more could you ask for. bring your own shampoo, hair dryer and iron and you have all the comforts of holiday inn.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank perrytow
Reviewed 7 August 2009

When you first see the motel, you sort of wonder if the motel 6 on the mainland was worth the fishy smell people complain about in reviews. Don't judge a book by its cover! Monterrey may be older, but it is still clean and efficient. King size bed, no frills, cable TV, super cold A/C. A wonderful family owns the place and is very accommodating. Their daughter recommended the BEST restaurants to us. (Thanks!! Doc's is awesome and we will definitely be back!)

The hotels on the mainland (just before the bridge to the island) must be horrible because the ocean smells of putrid sulfur on that side. Not here! This motel is a 2 minute drive (10 minute walk) away from the perfect section of the beach: not very crowded and had clean water. We could see the crowd of umbrellas about a mile away where the beach front hotels were.

If you want luxury where you stay, then bring it with you like I did. This place is perfect if you ask a beach lover like me.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple