“Got sick”

Price range: US$7 - US$65
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I'm sorry to say that Dragonfly is crossed off the list.
Had the crawfish bisque and the samon salad-
I vomited ALL of this up and felt better. My dinner companion did not eat her red snapper it was not fresh-wise woman. Steaks looked great and no one who ate steak got sick.
Come on guys, we're locals......you can do so much better than making folks sick with the seafood

3  Thank Localyocal44

Reviewed 18 January 2010

The restaurant was very small and be prepared to wait (but they do have a bar with stools). There were only two of us, so we were seated with another couple at a table for 6. We personally didn't mind because these people turned out to be very nice dinner companions, but if that bothers you, then don't go here. Based on the other recommendations, I ordered the shrimp skewer with coconut rice. The bartender recommended the snapper. The shrimp and snapper were cooked perfectly but the sauces were rather bland. I liked the flavor of the coconut rice but it was on the dry side. The plantain side was extremely sweet...almost like a dessert. We also ordered the chocolate cake with caramel sauce but it was just okay. The highlight of the meal was the "asian wine." I'm not sure what was in it, but it tasted like a very sweet mojito and had fresh mint and a lime slice. It's disappointing when the best part of the meal is the drink. The service was pretty slow (2 hours for entree and dessert) but we didn't mind because we were enjoying the company (of strangers).

Reviewed 13 December 2009

Fantastic fresh ingredients and delicious sauces. Cute place, only bad point is it's small.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

A quaint "mom & pop's" restaurant that is uninhibited. Right before North Padre Island. The cuisine is comprised of different European and American style dishes. The owner if very hands-on with his guests, he stopped by the table to great us. Along the walls you will see photographs of places he has traveled. We arrived for dinner at 6, right before the rush. If you are dining as a couple, you may share with another couple. Coming from a city with a plethora of restaurants, Houston, I was very impressed with the dishes. I had the catch of the day, flounder in a white wine cream sauce with a side of a sweet potato and plantain concoction , and as an appetizer, babaganoush with warm pita and feta. If I was at home, my entree would have been at least $30. I was very pleased and my tummy was very satisfied. Also, I liked the fact that the food was fine dining quality in a very casual and laid back atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 August 2009

Hard to find, but worth the trip! Not your usual fried seafood place (if that's your desire, head somewhere else) ~ the tastes were more like seafood in NYC or Chicago ~ very international in the spices used. Crabcakes are excellent, as is the shrimp, but don't pass up the coconut rice. Loved the side dishes. We're already planning on dining at Dragonfly again and again (side note: we had heard that the owner is one of the original chefs from Water Street restaurant) Very small place, fewer than 10 - 14 tables.