“CHILDREN FRIENDLY, GREAT STAFF AND GREAT EXPERIENCE”

Horses On The Beach: Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, Texas
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“CHILDREN FRIENDLY, GREAT STAFF AND GREAT EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our ride on the beach today. The staff was very helpful and friendly and added to the experience. Children 6 and up are welcome to ride, but for those younger there is a pony ride and a nice petting zoo. This is an owner-operator business, and it is easy to tell. My understanding is that most, if not all, of the horses are "rescue" horses. They were all well behaved and had energy. By the way, for those who use google maps or other navigational tools, you don't have to drive way past the stables; there is a turnaround right across from the stables (only 1 1/2 miles from Whitecap Blvg and only 1 mile from Bali Park).

Visited May 2014
2 Thank beachboywantabe

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A Great Ride on the Beach”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Three of us decided to book a sunset ride on the beach with Horses On The Beach. Our riding skills went from one end of the scale to the other - Seasoned rider, intermediate rider & complete novice. The team at Horses on the Beach matched us perfectly with the right horse for our experience level. The result was a great ride.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Eastsussextravelfan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter-in-law and I went on the 11:35 am ride this morning and it was aweome!! It was only the two of us and the owner Brennan, was our guide. Brennan was wonderful - very personable and pleasant. You can tell he really loves what he does and cares deeply about his horses and all the animals as many of them are rescues. Would recommend to anyone of all age groups. So glad this was a recommended attraction on Trip Advisor.

3 Thank Sherry W
Fredericksburg, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I decided to go do this when we were down in Corpus Christi for his birthday weekend! I was a little nervous at first since I had not rode a horse in a very long time. It turned out to be very fun and enjoyable. It was very nice to ride down the beach and enjoy the views and just relax. The only con about the whole thing was I was very sore for the next few days but I know that comes with riding on a horse. :) Overall it was a nice enjoyable experience and I for sure want to bring my daughter back once she gets older!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jseghers25
Savannah, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great sunset ride, loved it!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely ride with a large group that included 4 kids being guided. Took a while to get everyone on the horses. 3 guides went with us. Sunset and scenery were beautiful. Horses were calm and easy to control. I would recommend the helmets though, it isn't a fashion show. Kids are required to wear them, I was the only adult wearing one, since I'm not too cool for safety! Turns out, my child's foot slipped out of the stirrup and he fell off and was stepped on right at the end of the ride. He's ok, but it's a reminder that with horses, things happen in a flash. They gave us a comp ride for the next time but we are not likely to be back in Texas to use it. Everyone was very nice and helpful and concerned. There is a nice petting zoo also.

Visited March 2014