“A Dream Come True!”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A Dream Come True!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been wanting to ride a horse on the beach forever and my husband surprised me for our 25th anniversary and booked this. I loved every moment of it and barely noticed the HOT, HOT temps in August. One thing that I found interesting is that you have to fill out all kinds of disclaimers, but the staff doesn't really give you any tips for riding. Half of the people that were in the ride got off on the wrong side of the horse! Also, they had my husband take his cowboy hat off, yet they allowed ridders with shorts and slinky sandals. The sandal part isn't safe at all. Anyway, I had a blast and smiled the whole time. My horse, Roman was great and I was able to get him to ride along the waters edge or in the water most of the time. We went on the 11:00 ride which was a 3-mile ride. If you have a beginner rider, maybe you should arrive earlier and ask for some instructions. When the ride begins and the lead worker starts talking and giving directions you can't hear a word they are saying if you aren't close to them. They take a pic of you on your ride and it's a great souvenir at $8. They also have a gift shop with lots of items with "Horses On The Beach" printed on. Our ride was at 11:00 and someone called us the day before to confirm we were coming and then again the morning of at 10:30 to check again. They never said what time to arrive, but probably 30 mins. before the ride is best to fill out the paperwork.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank ctb2

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great vacation experience to ride on the beach! It is a guided tour that lasts about an hour and a half. Typical stable horses, that rush back to the stables for the return trip. So much fun! Try to go in the morning if in July. It was hot as we went in the afternoon. Got to cool off in the pool afterwards, so that was nice.

Visited July 2014
San Antonio, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Time for All!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We took our 10 year old granddaughter for a horseback ride and really enjoyed it. We were matched up to horses by our experience level and it appeared to work well as it seemed no one had any difficulty with their horse. We rode along the waters edge at the beach with the guides. All the guides were friendly and helpful as we rode. The hours ride actually ran about an hour and fifteen minutes. We all had lots of fun.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Bob C
Garland, Texas
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“splendid time”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

One of the first things my family asked when we were planning our trip to Port Aransas was if there was anywhere nearby to ride horses. Happily, I found Horses On The Beach.We could not have asked for a better experience. Our party ranged in age from seven to sixty-seven. A splendid time was had by all.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank TrailingR0se
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“horses”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

great operation the manager really knows his stuff if your in corpus this is a must. a really fun safe experience

Visited June 2014