Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen
Ranked #36 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Alice, Texas
“Sleepless nights!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The room I was in had paper thin walls in which I could hear the people at the next room talking. Stayed two nights and had to deal with loss of electricity on the last night and room temperature was stuffy, reconnected about 9am. Doors slamming all morning long and noisy. The breakfast was cold due to lack of electricity and ate with an LED lite lantern at our table. The price of this hotel is too high for the quality of my stay there, they don't even keep coffee available at the lobby for guests.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator, noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise and loss of electricity during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
LAKE ODESSA
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed one night, staff friendly and room was very clean. Price was a little high for me, but it was late and they did come down a little.
Breakfast was great. Many options. The area was around hotel looked safe. Would stay there again when going pass there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, TX
Reviewed 6 December 2012

WOW!!! Take your Vitamin K if you plan on staying at the HIE CC NW-Calallen. Doors were slamming well after 12:30a.m. and it started again just before 6a.m. When I first walked into my room I felt a bite on my ankle. Noticed a spider in the sink when I was in the bathroom. But the room appeared clean...although I would not sit in the chair...it appeared well soiled. The shower had a lack of water pressure. Although the breakfast buffet had a large selection...everything tasted tainted. The water in the area has an after taste...thus so did everything made with water. The HIE breakfast roll was safe from the taint of the water. I needed a room for a second night and choose to pass this hotel up.

Room Tip: Parking is slim pickins' amongst all the business rigs.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Laura V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear khobley,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your recent Priority Club Rewards point stay. We value our Priority Club members and do stive to make all our gusts feel comfortable while on our property.

I will be addressing the noise issue with my maintenance Manager to see what can be done about the exit doors you were placed by as well as speak with my housekeeping Manager regarding others issues you expressed. We are in the heart of the oilfields here and are sold out most nights and look for new opportunities to impove our services.

Our front desk and staff are prepared to handle any issues that may arise during a guests stay and welcome the opportunity to address any issues or concerns one may have while lodging with us.While it is very rare one encounters these issue, we are prepared to address them immediately so that you and other guests alike feel at home while traveling.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again should you be back in the area.

Regards,

Laura Valdez
Corpus Christie, TX
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Good free breakfast and dinner (M--F) with free beer! Manager, cook and staff went the extra distance to mail packages, make a vegetarian breakfast and smooth out small issues. Friendly and clean. Would return again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David E
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Relatively new hotel, well situated with shopping and decent eating nearby. Staff very pleasant to deal with. Went to fetch my wife some coffee about 5 AM and the lady at the desk said the coffee was a bit old and if I could wait a couple of minutes she would brew some fresh. Nice touch, as my wife's day is determined largely by how her morning goes.

Will be back.............

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2012

not in a noisy location and a quick 15 minutes down the freeway to Shoreline Drive. The Pool area and the rear of Hotel is very private and sheilded from the surroundings. Also I met the Manager Laura and she went out of her way to show apprecation for the Hotel Guest.

Room Tip: the rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sugarland Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was one of the far most best hotel I have ever stayed. The breakfast was awesome plus the staff made you feel so welcomed. I was not able to get the lady's name that was doing breakfast on Sunday August 12th, but she really touched my heart. She had it greatly stocked and made sure everyone was happy. The pancake machine kept messing up , but her smile made it worth waiting for, she stood there and made pancakes for all that were waiting. It was quite busy and all tables were occupied, and as soon as one was available she was there to clean. I know many times managers never hear the good of a staff member only the bad, but if her manager gets to read this i want to say "she is definatley a 100% people person. we will definately be back. Thank you Breakfast Lady you made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family