“Worth every second of your time!!”

Hester's Cafe & Coffee Shop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Texas
“Worth every second of your time!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was visiting Corpus Christi on business with my husband. After tasting the coffee at the hotel, I knew I needed to find somewhere else for my morning coffee. I decided on Hester's after reading all the reviews, and although I am now back in my hometown, miles away from Corpus Christi, I am STILL craving Hester's coffee. I have had coffee at five star restaurants, and the coffee served at Hester's is by far THE BEST coffee I have ever ingested. Along with the excellent coffee, the Texas Pecan Waffles were absolutely delicious. If you find yourself in Corpus, and looking for a great place for coffee and breakfast, Hester's should be your first choice!

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced but Nice”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staff was courteous and helpful to our family of five securing a larger table. Omelet eggs were dry, Otherwise the soup and paninis were good but not great. Generally lacked additional flavor that we were expecting.

Visited July 2014
Corpus Christi, Texas
“2 locations! Art MUSEUM and 6 points”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Location at 6 points is painted bright and fun Orange, Turquoise. Lots of energy - great baked goods and food. My husband Loves the Monte Cristo. Its HUGE! Enough for 2 or 3 ladies. I love the Chinook Omelet with smoked salmon and capers. You can get an omelet any time not just a breakfast. The other location at the Art MUSEUM (I capitalize Museum because there is a restaurant at the Art Center also) doesn't have the same menu because they are operating out of the museum. But a lot of the food is similar and its still very tasty. Its a great place to go for lunch and you can watch the ships go by in and out of the port. Sometimes you can even spot a dolphin jumping in the ship's wake. You do not have to pay the entrance fee if you are just going to go eat.

Fort Worth
“reasonable cost and nice view”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

You don't have to pay for the Art Museum in order to eat here. Get a yellow tag from the gift shop and work your way to the restaurant. The food was tasty and reasonable. You can enjoy the view outside on the deck or inside. A kid's meal of grilled sandwich, apple slices and juice box is $6.95.

Corpus Christi, Texas
“An "A" Visit”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

An "A" lunch at Hester's today. Actually it's always an "A" day so this is a play on words. For those who don't know, you get a hand-painted wooden letter as your call "number" instead of those ordinary plastic numbers. You do get a number when they get thru Z but it's also painted wood. I have discovered I don't mind eating out so much anymore because of the cost...which isn't that much at Hester's...Under $10 per entree. And I am thinking I should go ONLY to those places whose food I really, really enjoy. I just cannot eat the amount of food I used to, so I always take home leftovers.Two delicious meals for the price of one at Hester's plus great atmosphere, service and just plain comfortable places to be. They have two restaurants, one downtown and one at the Art Museum of South Texas.

1 Thank Pam L