“Save your money go elsewhere”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Burlington WA
“Save your money go elsewhere”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Horrible place to stay. Booked three rooms for four days.
Breakfast was a joke, pancake machine had a out of order sign on it for the 4 days we stayed and that sign was old and had been on the machine for some time. Third day we were there nothing to eat at 8am. Just one piece of sausage on half a muffin. Gravy was all gone. We had flown to the hotel and did not have transportation. So we walked through 100deg heat to a restaurant for breakfast. First day we did get a muffin and some eggs but every pepper shaker in the dining area was empty. Tried to explain it to the attendant to get some and after some time she finally understood what I was talking about.
Second day only one salt and pepper shaker for the whole room no pancakes of course.
Out of order sign on the pop machine for the whole stay.
Only one washer and dryer for the whole place and it was in use most of the time
No toilet tissue in the room on check in. Had to ask for it and then only got one roll no backup as customary in most lodging facilities. Had to ask again for the next day as the one roll was getting low.
No room or guest guide in the room
Cleaning staff starts at 8 am and my daughter was sleeping so the room was skipped. At 3 pm we returned and the room was not cleaned. We asked the clerk to take care of the problem and she replied the cleaning staff was not available.
Staff and managers Ignore problems

This was a family outing as I'm from WA state and was visiting my Son and Grand kids. This hotel made my trip a less than nice experience.
SAVE YOUR MONEY

Room Tip: Save your money and go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Preston L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Preston L,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience regarding breakfast and the service you received during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Pros: This is a newer Holiday Inn Express. It is nicely decorated inside and the rooms are spacious. The room seemed clean and was well furnished. The lobby was nice as is the breakfast area. Breakfast is typical HI fare which is fine and the price is right (included). Most of the staff I dealt with were helpful. And the location, while not in the best part of town, is very convenient to get on/off of the highway.

Cons: I did not find the beds comfortable, the towels are thin and need bleach to get them white again, and I found roaches in my room.

I’ve been a "road warrior" for 10 years. This is not the first time I have found bug(s) in my room and I am sure it won't be my last. What was most disturbing is how the property handed (or didn’t handle) the situation.

I killed the roaches, which were on the bedside table, and took the evidence to the front desk at 6AM. The clerk indicated that they would report the matter and address it that day.

When I returned, the evening staff did not know about the situation. Being late, I had to stay in the room for another night.

The next morning at check-out I reported it to Management whom did not appear surprised and certainly did not care. They offered neither apology nor compensation. They indicated that they would call the exterminator and then answered a call that came in over the phone. I've never been treated so poorly at a HI as a customer much less a Platinum member.

I will be working in Corpus for the next 3 months and to be certain I will not be staying at this property. I will be sharing this experience with my colleagues and encourage them to stay elsewhere during this time as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank ALTravellor
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear ALTravellor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Dallas
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
Pros:
It is a fairly new hotel, and the room and amenities reflected that-- everything was in great condition and clean. It was also quiet at night--I did not hear ambient noise outside the room.
The staff were friendly.

Cons:
The area around the hotel is low on aesthetics; there is a lot of industry in the town, and this hotel and 2 others are right across the highway from a complex that looked like a refinery. Fortunately it was not loud though, and the air outside was not smelly either.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Diren P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this review, 14 December 2016
Thank you for your review of our hotel for your stay with us. We appreciate your candid comments about your stay and we love to get the feedback from our guests. Hope we are your choice of hotel again in the future.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Enjoyed my stay here in mid-June. The service was very friendly and professiona. Heidi, our room attendant, was very friendly when asking for extra towels and supplies. The room was clean and well-kept. Nice entertainment center with microwave and refrig placed underneath TV. If only I had that at home. Standard hot breakfast served in the mornings. Parking lot was well lit at night. The location makes this hotel cheaper than the other HI Express in the Corpus area as this one is not located near anything touristy. Seems more for the refinery business people.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Darin L
We appreciate such a stellar review from you about your stay here with us. I also agree having a microwave and refrigerator under the tv at home will be awesome. Thank you again and I will share your comments with the team. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in our area.
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed 4/19 - 4/20. The room was clean and well furnished. The lobby was nice and the breakfast area was really nice also. The staff I dealt with were helpful. The workout room is really great and they had Apples and Oranges out Day/Night in the Breakfast area. The breakfast was typical HI Express and was well supplied. If I had anything to complain about it would be;

1. Bed was a little hard but not bad (no morning backache)
2. Area around the hotel is not the greatest (highway and light industrial/commercial) but I knew that when I booked it. Nice new Hampton shares the parking lot so decent enough neighbors.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one and that the staff was helpful to you needs. Good to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities that the hotel had to offer. I do apologize that the mattress was not to your complete liking. We hope to see you soon the next time you are in our area.
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I booked this hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Worst idea ever. The room was clean and fine but everywhere else is a hot mess. The lobby bathroom was disgusting. The staff doesn't really seem to care very much about customer service and don't really give the appearance the know what they are doing. The breakfast was horrible as nothing seemed to be in stock. I overheard one of the staff saying management hadn't placed an order??? The staff stands around hanging out chatting with each other and your presence seems a great inconvenience to them. I was going to speak with the manager but just briefly speaking with him made it clear where he stands on the idiot totem pole in this establishment. Other than the lack of food, general management experience, and overall disappointment the room was clean, the decor was modern, and the location convenient. I think next time I will try the Holiday Inn Express on the other side of town and just deal with the extra driving time to attractions.

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear Nomad478,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
IHG Care
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed here for a total of 5 days in December. Our room was cleaned everyday and the housekeeping staff did a great job. The decor of this Holiday Inn Express is very modern, and was very clean. Breakfast was so-so, but I am not a huge fan of the Holiday Inn Express breakfasts. Fron desk staff was very friendly, all though they do tend to just hang around the lobby with friends for most of the time. The beds were a little to firm for my liking, but most hotel beds are.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Merelymagic
I am happy to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our modern decor. I do apologize that the firmness of the mattress was not to your liking as well as the breakfast. We hope you visit us again the next time you are in our area.