“Excellent front desk service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 22 June 2013

just cheeked in after a nightmare dealing with other hotels in the area the past week. The front desk was extremely accommodating I wish we booked here from the start! Very modern and chic will definitely book here again on my next business trip!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kamakenji
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Was recently in CC for work and had to stay over night at the last minute. Great customer service accommodating me on short notice and overall good experience. Basic hotel breakfast offered in the am. Would stay again on my next business trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The rooms were nice and comfortable. The location was perfect for what we needed on the island and in downtown corpus. The worst part about the stay was the breakfast. The first morning was just slightly sub par, the omelet was very salty tasting, and something wasn't right with the milk/raisin bran combo, it almost made my wife gag. Breakfast 2, they had no syrup for the pancakes, they ran out of cinnamon rolls(about the only thing I enjoyed), they ran out of sausage kolaches(I got one but the sausage was still cold), the lady working the breakfast was busy but rude when we asked for a fork which I had to ask for because my wife didn't want to the mean breakfast lady.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear enfritsch,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you found our rooms to be nice and comfortable.

However, please accept our sincerest apologies if our breakfast selection didn't live up to your expectations. Our staff pay special attention to this detail to ensure the best guest experience but we deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

Thank you for your comments and this will be used to target opportunity areas. We hope you consider us again should your travel plans bring you back to Corpus Christi.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 February 2013

One year old modern looking property. Located near refineries. Smells outside. Check in took 30 minutes. Front desk cleck kept leaving to ask manager questions. Requested top floor. Told unavailable. Assigned second floor room. Door didn't lock. Returned to front desk. Now assigned top floor room. Shoes stuck to bathroom floor. No housekeeping available until 8:00 am. Ruben, manager, offered 1000 priority club points. Accepted points & stayed in room with sticky floor. Discussed floor with housekeeper next morning who explained that floors are sprayed with disinfectant & if floor's not "swiffered" (mopped) afterwards, it's sticky. Hole in shower where wall tile met tub. Breakfast attendant-reluctant to microwave bacon. Wanted us to eat something else. Planned to stay two nights, but Internet down, so only stayed one.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear J W,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback and hope you would give us a change to serve you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

For the most part, this is a great hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. I'm a business traveler and stayed here several days throughout the month. My only complaint is that the speed of the Internet is far slower then the 3G service on my iPhone.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I had to travel to Corpus Christi this past weekend for a cheer event. The league that my daughter cheers for made arrangements for our team to stay there. Upon arrival to check in, I told the assistant I would be paying cash and I was told that since I had a credit card on file to hold my reservations, she would need to clear it with the manager.. HUH??? The manager said things were taken care off and we were set to go. Upon check out on Sunday, I'm told by the assistant that they need to run my card again. I explain to her that I paid for my stay in cash, she "corrects" the mistake and we're off. Today, as ususal, I check my bank account and there are two debits from Hoiday Inn. I call them and ofcourse I have to get a call back from the General Manager, Ruben Gonazalez. Not only could he NOT explain why the constant mistake, but he also said they were not responsible for my account being over drafted and for any non-sufficient funds my bank will charge me. Apparently this happened to another person who had cancelled her reservations, did not stay at this hotel and her bank account was charged. Check your bank accounts people!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Janie G
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked this room at a very low rate. When we arrived, our was thought to be overbooked. Room service said they had fixed the problem. Later on in the evening, a couple walked in to our room shocked that we were staying in THEIR room. Luckily, this was dealt with quickly. The other couple received another room. Other than this mishap, we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2012