“Barbeque in a garage? H#** yeah! and good too!”
Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #17 of 708 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I just happened across this place looking for someplace to get my haircut. I turned the corner there were gas pumps out front. Initially thought it was a convenience store, but looking closer saw it was a BBQ joint. I had to get my hair cut, so came back the next day and I was GLAD I did.
I wandered pass the country store in front and was struck by the great casual atmosphere and size of the place. Huge ice coolers filled with pop and beer. Then I saw the 6 counters to order at, a large menu behind them, and the cooler filled with side dishes.
The line moved quickly because of the great skill and easy the clerks help the diners place their orders. I was about overwhelmed, but one gentleman behind the counter quickly put me at ease. Sorry I did not get your name, but you were great. You know your stuff and knew what the first time diner at Rudy's needed to know. Kudos and thanks.
I knew some of what I wanted. I love pulled pork so I knew one thing I wanted and he explained that every thing was ala carte (no combination plates or dinner plates). I knew I would start with a pulled pork sandwich. After that I stumbled. He offered me a taste of brisket and a taste of turkey. He explained about ordering sides and getting pickles, peppers, and onions from the condiment bar.
The brisket was great, so I order a quarter pound and he offered bread to go with that. Then I ordered my pulled pork sandwich. Then the tough decision...what side to order? So I wouldn't be to full, I went back to the cooler and got a small cole slaw. To drink? No question sweet tea, of course. Of yeah, the beer was ice cold, tempting and there was a large selection, but I was solo, tired and decided to pass on the beer. (Oh but I will be back and have one next time)

So off to the dining area. the huge roll up doors were closed, it was hot outside and cool inside so I looked around picked out a spot on one the large red checkered picnic tables. Filled up my sweet tea, got a mess of pickles, a fork and knife form the large selection and sat down next to a pair of large BBQ sauce bottles. BBQ sauce was good and spicy they offer milder sauce for wimps that don't like spice. There are also smaller bottles of hot sauce if their spicy sauce does not have enough kick for you

I proceeded to stuff myself with some great BBQ.

Oh did I say I will be back. I will look for the guy in the Boston Red Sox hat, might be me.

Next time back: ribs, pull pork sandwich, and jalapeño sausage.

Plenty of room for large and small groups.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I really wish Rudy's would have Family To Go Packs instead of ordering everything by the pound. It is expensive. We ordered some chicken, potato salad, brisket, sausage and ribs. It was $65.00. Next time I will just dine in for lunch and get the family dinner elsewhere. The cashier was really sweet and helpful.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Casual dinner experience. Order at counter, grab silverware and paper placemat on your way to table with food in hand. Ordered 1/2 lb moist brisket and sausage both EXCELLENT!!, others in our party ordered 1/2 lb baby back ribs, pork sandwiches and jalapeño sausage. Everyone said all was good. BBQ sauce was good and spicy they offer milder sauce for those that don't like spice. Great place for large and small parties.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

1st time here, we had 1/2# of everything. Boy are we stuffed & lots to take home too. We will be back next time down South!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Rudy's is a Texas based chain, but don't let that keep ya from coming here. The BBQ is competition quality with nice smoke rings on the beef brisket with a tenderness that a pit master would envy. Based in a gas station as its signature store front that place inside is inviting and open. They have two sauces, regular and sissy. I like both. They have very good sides and the sweet tea is fantastic. Go To Rudy's wherever your at in Texas, you'll enjoy it!

2  Thank kjay67