“Not worth the Bargain Price”

Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this Hotel due to the price but afterwards I regretted doing so, Hotel was under some type of renovation when I arrived lobby and floors covered in furniture along with workers. The person at the front desk was rude I arrived at 2pm I attempted to check in front desk agent immediately advise he could not check me in, he did not even check the computer nor attempt to see if my room was available. I left and returned at 3:00pm, new front desk agent was on duty she checked me without delay and was very nice and also helpful. I went to the first room and it was fine, second room however had a strange odor and A/C did not work, I was moved to a different room and room type due to them not having anymore king suites available. The room was ok beds are old and not that great hotel is run down and access entries stay open no card needed no security this was very uncomfortable ususally most Hotels have some sort of securty messures in place this one had zero the only place you had to use a key card was your room. Breakfast offering is a joke save yourself the pain of trying to wake up early food was bad it tasted like they reheat the same items daily. Fitness rooms is also bad and small, pool area was the highlight of the Hotel is nce and has little courtyard area next to it. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND PASS ON THE GREAT PRICE! Hotel is not close to beaches either its at least 25 to 30 minute drive.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel thats the only way!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank xjoperez
Dhiren B, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear xjoperez

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experience during your recent trip to Corpus Christi. It is our primary goal to provide all of our guest with the best service and I am sorry we fell short. I would like you to give us another chance to show you that what you experience is not a norm of our service. Please contact me at 361.241.6363 and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for work and the staff really went over and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable. Nancy, a manager, was such a pleasure to speak to every day and seemed genuinely happy to help me and other guests. They have an open bar (yes, OPEN bar) most days for the guests and there was a good selection of restaurants within walking distance. I will stay again!

2  Thank Christina M
Dhiren B, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your awesome review Christina M., I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our primary goal to provide the best hotel experience for every guest. My team and I look forward to serve you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The friendliness of this hotel surpasses any we have been at in a long time. It felt warm and inviting. They serve drinks Monday through Thursday for free. It is a great hotel with a setting of Palm trees located everywhere. They have BBQ grills outside to use. Nice rooms and great service. There are local businesses to eat at in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mandy A
Dhiren B, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you Ms. Mandy A. for sharing recent hotel experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites Calallen, it is our teams primary goal to provide our guest with the best service and variety of different amenities they can enjoy while they stay us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serve you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi, TX.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I travel all over Texas, , This hotel has the nicest people I have ever met at a hotel !!!! Everyone was polite, helpful, rooms where clean, just a great experience I have had in a while at a hotel !!! The GM should pat all of them on the back for a great job !!!!!! Thank you !!!!!

2  Thank oda755
Dhiren B, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback on how our team is doing. We welcome all comments from our guest as they tell us what we are doing right and where we need to improve. I will share your comment with my team and will definitely pat all of my team members on their back. Thank you choosing our hotel for your stay and we look forward to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for cleanliness and friendliness, this is the place! Oh did I mention the awesome pool too! I really enjoyed my stay here. I will be coming back to stay here on my subsequent visits.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DALIA R

Ms. Dalia R.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay while traveling to Corpus Christi, TX. It is our teams primary goal to provide the best accommodations and service to our guest. We look forward seeing you again at the Comfort Inn & Suites Calallen on your next trip to Corpus Christi, TX.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed numerous times at this Comfort Inn on Business, everytime I have stayed has been pleasant as it has been updated and the people are nice. My counterparts enjoy it as they have Happy Hour from 6p to 8p, I am not a drinker. We order in food during Happy Hour and see sports on the two TVs they have at the bar. Overall Great Place.

Room Tip: Choose East side rooms as they are away from the Expressway.
2  Thank hhscard83
Dhiren B, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and like the upgrades we have done to our hotel. My team and I will continue to make every effort to make your stay a pleasant one. Look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stopped in here on our travels and were treated like royalty. All the staff bent over backwards to ensure that we had everything we needed. The room was great, the beds extremely comfortable, very clean and quiet,a very good choice for breakfast and plenty of it. would certainly stay there again. The only downside was there was only 1 washing machine and drier.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are probably the quietest as the laundy and vending machines are on the first flo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AussieBruvSis
Dhiren B, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking a moment of your busy schedule to write a review. We appreciate you kind words, it is our teams primary goal to provide the best hotel experience for our guest. We look forward to see you on your next trip to Corpus Christi, TX.