“A real nice place to stay”

Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Super friendly staff from check in to check out. (This includes the front desk staff, the hotel service staff which gladly provided us with extra bathroom ameneties and towels and the lady organizing the breakfast room). The rooms were neatly organized and clean as was the rest of the hotel. A nice pool (kids liked that) and exercise equipment. Not on the beach, but is is near some shopping and dinning places (including a walmart right across the highway) and had easy highway access for getting into downtown corpus. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Hotel did not look at all like on the internet. rooms were not at all impressive, seemed more like a motel than a higher price hotel. One of the clerks was very helpful. I went to the desk to report of no hot water and was told that maybe it was because more Guest had checked in. I also had wake up calls for two mornings and was only called once. We
don't we will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Our group arrived at dinner hour in a heavy storm. First, there was only one guy at the front desk, and he was obviously new or inexperienced. With a large tour group, staff should be prepared for their arrival. Since it was a Friday night, there were no free snacks and some of us asked at the desk where we could order food to be delivered - guy didn't have a clue. On top of that, they misplaced one of our member's bags, and it took hours to locate it in the wrong room. The carpet in our room had a damp feeling and was badly stained. There was no vent in the bathroom and the room was so humid, the walls literally dripped. Everything including bedding felt damp. Then there was a floodlight right outside our window, and the curtain did not completely cover the window so we couldn't block the light. The one good thing was the breakfast, although as someone else said, we had to prod the worker to refill coffee machine and restock items that ran out. So glad to check out of ths place!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 31 March 2010

DANGER! In this hotel the customer shall never be happy. I believe that is their goal. First of all they left us in danger for a whole night due to the room they gave us for two nights was leaking and the whole carpet was wet. Then they exchanged us to another room that which by the way they seperated us (by floor) of our family. Then this room had a really ba odor, microwave did not work. They didnt have any towels. And the sheets they had were not even washed rigt the had stains on them. Then after 3 days after our visit they charged my credit card with out notifying me with 150.00 dollars and no refund. All due to another persons room (someone was smoking in it) so they made a mistake and they wont fix it .. so yea its a disaster! I woulndt recommen this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Room was nice and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn because it's close to the family and we were in town for Thanksgiving. I don't think that I will ever stay in this hotel again. They were so busy being cheap they didn't have time to be clean. I don't think I will stay there again because the breakfast was hovered over but not refilled, there was no hot chocolate for the little ones and no milk in the milk pitcher until I asked. There was a person standing there watching what everybody took, why do I need to ask for milk at breakfast?
There was one small (tiny) shampoo and no conditioner at all. One bar of soap for four people, two towels. We booked for four and were in a double room. At some point I get tired of having to ask for the bare essentials - this hotel got me to that point pretty quickly.
Now about the dirty part. One word - Mold. The room was so musty and moldy smelling that I had a hard time sleeping. We came in late on Thanksgiving night after a long day of travel and then family fun. The kids were sleepy, and grumpy and got right in bed. As did I, by the time I started to notice the problem I was in my jammies and really couldn't fight the good fight to get another room. That was on me but, I just couldn't. The carpet was filthy the walls, too gross. Bathroom was dirty - floor stained or just not cleaned.
When at checkout I mentioned this problem I was told I should of asked to be moved. I think I should have been put in a clean room in a hotel that was obviously not full - not even close.
So With a curt tone I was dismissed. I'm done with this hotel.
My advice - stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 June 2005

For the price, it was rather a disappointment. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable - our family calls this place the Dis-Comfort Inn. Thankfully we were there for one night only. The bathroom sink dripped and in-room fridge (a bonus, since this is not a common feature of this level of lodging) had a rather loud motor.

2  Thank JulieLN
CISTX542, Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2007

Hotel bedding has been updated.