“Me and my family stayed at this hotel. It was an okay stay...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Sherry S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We were visiting Corpus Christi because our son attends TAMUCC. We have stayed here before.It. is very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly and the ladies at breakfast are very nice. Our only complaint is the breakfast it needs to offer different items besides eggs and bacon..we had sausage only one day out of our 4 day stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thanks so much for your comments. So glad that your stay was a comfortable one. For as Breakfast, It is complimentary and we do rotate the items and serve a Full Hot Breakfast Buffet w/Waffles daily. If you are in need of something different, there are many Breakfast places in our area that are not far from the Hotel. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family made an impromptu trip to Corpus Christi, and had booked a room at another hotel. When our reservation was "dropped" at the other hotel, Azher at Hawthorn treated us with much more respect than the associate from the other hotel, and was very polite. The excellent customer service he provided definitely made up for the HORRIBLE experience we had earlier in the night, and made our entire trip much nicer. Customer service the likes of which we received is rare, and it was absolutely appreciated. The hotel was very nice. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was within a few minutes' drive of all the major attractions in Corpus. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting great customer service, and a nice room within ten minutes of the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for taking time to comment. We are so glad that your stay, even though a bumpy start, was a success. We pride ourselves in giving the best guest service and accommodations in our area and we are proud of Azher for making your trip a nice one. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My overall experience at the Hawthorn Suites in Corpus Christi was positive, despite a bump or two. I was warmly and cheerfully greeted on my arrival by Janelle (sorry if the spelling is incorrect). She kindly asked if I was aware of the complimentary hot breakfast to be provided starting at 6am. As I had an early flight to catch, I mentioned I would be departing the hotel at an earlier time. She informed me to ask at the counter in the AM for a bag breakfast. I mentioned this in the AM and the morning counter attendant garnered one for me. The bag breakfast was basic with a water bottle, granola bar and an apple, but I appreciated the thought and effort. (Most value and mid-range hotels don't even bother to make an attempt.)

The lobby and adjacent sitting/breakfast area was clean and very nicely decorated. My room was a king suite with lots of space, a nice sitting area, bright (by not gawdy) colours, and nicely appointed. The down-side was that the refreshment counter was not completely clean. There was liquid residue (coffee or tea) that had been spilled on the tray holding the coffee, tea and mugs and on the countertop. When I turned over one of the mugs on the tray, it had a crusty residue in the bottom. (Needless to say, I was not impressed.) The microwave door was not completely clean and the stainless steel sink outlet was in need of some scrubbing to appear clean. I decided not to use the refreshment area because of the hygienic deficiencies.I also decided not to trust the glasses in the bathroom, though they did not appear dirty or used.

If the story had ended there, I would have not been able to give the hotel more than 2 or 3 stars at the most. However, within 20 minutes of my arrival I was phoned by Janelle at the front office. She inquired if everything was OK with my room. I appreciated this service and rarely find this kind of personal attention except at high-end, high-dollar hotels. I shared with her that the refreshment area was in need of some attention. She apologized and immediately sent up a staff person to clean the items that I mentioned. The polite staff person apologized, as well, and thoroughly cleaned the items noted.

Overall, I believe travelers will enjoy this hotel and appreciate the excellent service of the staff team as well as the value in a nicely-appointed property. Based on my overall experience, I would stay here, again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Sherry S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thanks so much for your detailed comments. This helps us at our staff meetings to be able to go over issues that need to be addressed and make our service better. We are so glad that you will be coming back on your next visit to Corpus Christi and we will let our staff that helped you know that we appreciate their promptness in fixing the issues in a timely manner. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I spent five nights at this location and it was awesome - as were the staff. It was exceptionally clean, comfortable and a good location for driving around. Staff were professional, helpful and always with a smile. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Sherry S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so happy that your stay was a success. We look forward to seeing you again. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Sherry S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Reviewed 30 January 2014