“I wouldn't want to do it again....”

Quality Inn & Suites on the Beach
Ranked #55 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Canyon Lake, Texas, United States
“I wouldn't want to do it again....”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My husband's family is from Corpus Christi and it was decided to have our annual family reunion there. We needed facilities for a large number of people and a place for everyone to get together and share a meal. My dear brother-in-law investigated a number of facilities and decided this was a good location because it is beach front, giving the younger generation something to do. To insure a place for us to all gather and share our meal it was decided to rent three suites with a deck with direct access to the beach. In addition each family could rent their own rooms. We rented in access of twenty rooms, twenty three at my last count. My husband and I , as the patriarchs of one branch of the family rented one of the suites. Suite ? This consisted of a large room with a king size bed , with a half wall dividing an area with a very broken down sofa bed. And it had a tiny hotel refrigerator but no microwave .
The cost of the "suite" was $275.99 a night.
I will say we knew the cost of the "suite" well in advance of the reunion and agreed to it as it did provide a gathering spot for our kids and other members of the extended family. I wouldn't say this hotel is average but it is likely this as good as it gets in Corpus Christi for the cost. It would seem the Quality Inn could at least do some upgrades on the furniture and décor. Straight from the 80's , ( I say eighties because we did attend a Ray High School reunion there many years ago ) the facility is obviously an older , run down hotel. It was reasonably clean .
Next year's reunion will be elsewhere.

Room Tip: I can't in good conscience, I saw two other rooms some of our kids rented.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Betty P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hempstead, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Yeah, it's outdated but I did not come for the decor. It's clean and beds were good. Pool clean and good size. We are on the beach and everything we need is within walking distance with a 4 year old. Only problem I had was that the door to the poolside would not bolt.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Renelle67
Adair, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I'm not really going to bash this hotel but it was a place to stay near the beach at Corpus Christi. The rooms were clean but when it comes to the modern look of today's motels/hotels it's lacking. It's like it's stuck in the 70's. Beds needed help ( could feel springs in my back) and just the decor need a 180 degree update to it. All and all you have to consider its near a beach and things tend to detearate faster in a salty climate. ( lived in Hawaii 3 1/2 years I know first hand). But remember its a place to lay your head so take my opinion with a grain of salt

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ginger B
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Me and my mom stayed their over memorial day weekend, It was Amazing beach front room your right on the ocean, pretty well up kept for an older hotel. By far the staff all around makes this hotel so enjoyable, very friendly and super helpful since we didnt know the area the front desk staff had all the information need to help us find out where to go! Scott was awesome! and the other staff as well was very helpful and friendly they work well together and all do whatever they can to make the place run as good as it can! they keep the grounds very clean. if your going to corpus and want quick access to beach and nice clean pool and standard clean rooms with awesome staff stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linnea Z
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is our 5th trip to Corpus Christi and at this Hotel, and I don't care what anyone else says...We love it!!! The Manager Pam, and Scott are so Awesome, they really go out of the way to please you and to make you feel welcome!!! Look folks you are on the Beach and have a Large Beautiful sparkling clean pool, tropical landscape, nice, clean, comfortable room, free delicious full breakfast, enjoy yourself, stop complaining and sweating the small stuff, and enjoy what this hotel has to offer. Some people can not be pleased no matter what you do, they will find something wrong. I guess what I am tring to say is understand that some of these negative reviews come from competitors that want your business and the only way to do that is to have people go to trip advisor and speak badly of them so that mybe you won't want to stay here, and that's just WRONG!!! Honestly of the five times I have stayed here I truly have NEVER experienced any problems. I love staying here, because they treat you with respect and like family, somehow they always remember our names and they always ask from the housekeeper to the maintenance man, to the front desk "how is everything", "do you need anything" " how was your day at the beach", etc. they are just so nice it makes you feel special. I hope everyone can experience the good times we have enjoyed going to Quality Inn on The Beach!!! Safe travels everyone enjoy your summer!!! I already have my reservations for two different times!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank texasqtpie
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The Location is Great and that is what you are paying for.
And the property is very clean.
I am a Diamond Elite member of Choice hotels and this hotel falls very short of what I look for when I travel They do not have a business center and they fall very short in the hospitality department. The perks to being in my class of membership is I get free upgrades and they sure did not want to offer them at all I had to beg for one and yet and still I was just moved views not room status. And there hot breakfast does not have gravy and the eggs are so so.
If you are just wanting to play on the beach this is an ok to stay in if you are use to higher quality treatment then this is NOT THE HOTEL FOR YOU.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Niagara
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Ordinary hotel but the location is on the beach and close to downtown and museums. Expanded breakfast was available. Internet was not available because the business center was down due to rennovations Several restaurants are within walking distance. Bleckbeards was good as was the resturant in the Art Gallery

Room Tip: Many rooms face the inner courtyard and swimming pool or the beach. Others face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple